Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zaheer 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 23, 2011 @ 18:04
    Zaheer

Lucene search not working for Checkbox list for multiple selected values

Good Day,

I'm using lucene for indexing and searching. It is working great except in one of the field. I'm using Textstring, Ricketexteditor and Checkbox list datatypes. Textstring and Rich textbox are working great but if I'm getting the expected result for Checkbox list.

Here's the scenario: I have one custom datatype which have list of predefind values exists in the Checkbox list and if I'm selecting only one value, saving/publishing is getting the search result but if I'm selecting more than one value in that checkbox list lucene search is not returning the result for the selected values.

I'm attaching the lucene query which I'm using to search: 

LuceneQuery = "(__NodeTypeAlias:MyDocType1 AND (tags:culture*^4 OR tags:\"culture\"^4)) OR (__NodeTypeAlias:MyDocType2 AND (tags:culture*^4 OR tags:\"culture\"^4)) OR (__NodeTypeAlias:MyDocType3 AND (tags:culture*^4 OR tags:\"culture\"^4))";

~/*

**tags is my custom defined datatype

**culture is one of the value in the checkbox list

**Values in the Checkbox are defined as Nvarchar

*/

ISearchCriteria searchResult = ExamineManager.Instance.CreateSearchCriteria().RawQuery(LuceneQuery)

For an article If I'm selecting only culture in the checkbox list[tags] then I'm getting that article in the search result BUT if I'm selecting culture and someother value[lets suppose scene] in the same article I'm not getting this article in the search result.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

~Z

• Mark Mitchell 35 posts 60 karma points
    Jun 27, 2013 @ 08:39
    Mark Mitchell

I am running into this exact same problem. The lucene query will return the result if the content node has only one checkbox list item selected, but if there are multiplesI can't find any lucene query that will work. I also tried using a wildcard query as well, but no luck there either.

Anybody know a solution to this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft