Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• fed 199 posts 70 karma points
    Feb 04, 2009 @ 11:07
    fed

Member type

This morning I upgraded a V4 site to latest V4 release. I am not sure what version I had before, but I think it was an earlier version than RC2. My web.config only stated 4.0.0.

After making the upgrade the Member Types disappeared from the Member Section.

I suspect that I have to run some sqlscript or such, but I can't find any at codeplex.

Any ideas?

Feb 04, 2009 @ 11:30
    fed

In this site I am using a CustomMembershipProvider that inherits from UmbracoMembershipProvider

However when using the default umbracoMembershipProvider, like this:

Feb 04, 2009 @ 13:24
    fed

Seems to be working when I removed the UmbracoMembershipProvider and renamed my custom membership provider to UmbracoMembershipProvider.

My

• Yohan 9 posts 32 karma points
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 18:40
    Yohan

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I wanted to say "thanks" for this.  I had the same problem--"Member Types" section went missing in the backend admin when using a custom MembershipProvider.  Your fix worked for me too.  In web.config I renamed my custom provider to "UmbracoMembershipProvider" and removed the existing UmbracoMembershipProvider entry, and now "Member Types" shows up for me.  Strange that this problem has lingered on for so long, but at least there's an easy workaround.

Here's a similar thread for cross-referencing purposes in case anybody encounters this issue in the future:
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/4119-Member-types-have-disappeared-%28and-I-can%27t-edit-their-properties%29

On a somewhat related note, I've created a couple of Member Types and I can see them in the backend admin, but they aren't in the cmsMemberType table.  Where are Member Types stored then?

Edit: duh, answered my own question.  Member Types are stored as nodes in umbracoNode.  the cmsMemberType table is for properties of Member Types.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft