Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tulika 7 posts 50 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 09:10
    Tulika

Public access - how to redirect instead of transparent redirect to Login Page/ error page

Hi,

I have added public access to some of the pages in my umbraco site. I have set the Login and error page. But when the user to taken to these pages, the url is not changed which i guess is because the transparent redierct method is used under the hood.  I want the url of the error or login page to be changed as well when the user is taken to these pages.

Is suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks,

Tulika

• Ben Norman 167 posts 276 karma points
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 05:53
    Ben Norman

Is this possible using Umbraco settings?

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 02:37
    Dallas

Was an answer to this found?

We have a site that is using Public Access (Role Based) to secure a section. If you access the section when not logged in it will show the correct login page but the url does not change. The url stays as the page you were trying to access. It looks like it is using url rewriting rather than a redirect.

Dallas

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    May 01, 2014 @ 08:35
    Richard Soeteman

It's the default Umbraco behaviour. If you want this to change better to add an issue to the issue tracker. http://issues.umbraco.org/

Best,

Richard

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 16:28
    Dallas

Thanks Richard. 

• Bendik Engebretsen 105 posts 202 karma points
    Jan 17, 2017 @ 13:39
    Bendik Engebretsen

This explains why I am having great trouble with the browser caching the "login page on the wrong url". After logging in, I am redirecting back to the page where the user did not have access. But the browser refuses to refresh because the url is the same. How do I fix this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft