Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bobby 43 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 12:48
    Bobby

Creating Multiple Blogs in a single Umbraco Installation

Hi I am new to umbraco and i am using Blog4Umbraco to create the blogs. i have couple of sites in which i have blogs running. Now i want to couple up them into single umbraco installation. I.e i have the blogs such as (abc blog,xyz blog) on seperate umbraco installation.Now i want to create the blogs as (abc-blog,xyz-blog) in the single umbraco installation.

can any one help me on this

• Richard 146 posts 168 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 13:17
    Richard

That should not be a problem, we have three blogs on a single Umbraco installation, Umbraco 3.0.5. Just ensure that you can create the Blog document type below say the home page. Have you had a problem?

Jul 07, 2011 @ 07:49
    Bobby

Hi richard,

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to restrict with the naming convetion when i try to create a content type with "blogpost" as the document type. Is there a way we can restrict in creating a content type if the name of the content type is not with ****-blog(i.e abc-blog in my case).wheni click on the create button on the content page it should check with the naming convention and if the proper naming convention is given then it should create a the blogpost.

Jul 08, 2011 @ 12:56
    Richard

You can restrict the text entered into fields of the content type, e.g. Blog name field. Look in the settings tab at the Document Types, below the name. alias and type for each property of a document type there is a validation field, that accepts regualar expression. But to restict the actual name of the Blog would require a .Net code to run when the page is published, specific to your document type, check the following for starters:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/attaching-document-eventhandlers

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/using-applicationbase-to-register-events/event-examples

The second of these gives an example of cancelling a publish.

Richard

Jul 08, 2011 @ 13:43
    Bobby

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the Reply .

As i need my blogs to be independent of each other I am  using the AutoFolders package which can be used to create the date folders for the  custom Document types. As my intention is to maintain the different blogs independently.But i got stuck up in using the autoFolders package. Can you help me out in this.

Jul 11, 2011 @ 10:20
    Richard

I have no experience with this package, but if you are creating a particular document type, then I would expect you could use the event handlers, though you might have a problem undoing the auto folders; so it may be easier to enforce the naming convention as the item is published.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft