Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bobby 43 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:00
    Bobby

Creating Date folders using Auto Folders Package

Hi i am new to umbraco and playing with umbraco for couple of weeks and i tried to install the Blog4Umbraco and created the Blogs using it where it was creating the Date folders for Blog and BlogPost document types. Now i want to create the Datefolders similarly for other Document types.I have found a way that we can acheive it using AutoFolders package and i have installed it in my umbraco. but when i tried to created the date folders for my document types i cannot see the date folders being generated.

Can anyone help me on what are the steps need to create the date folders for my document types using AutoFolders Package.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 08, 2011 @ 15:37
    Tim

If you're running Umbraco 4.7, AutoFolders doesn't work on it, it's currently 4.5 only. I'm in the progress of finishing off a version that works on 4.7, hopefully it shoudl be finished in the next week or so, I just need to finish testing it.

• Bobby 43 posts 63 karma points
    Jul 14, 2011 @ 11:45
    Bobby

Hi Tim,

I have isntalled the Autofolders package and able to create the datefolders for specific document types. WHen i try to list all the posts that i have created i am unable to show as i show the list of blogposts using the Blog4Umbraco. I am using the same skeleton of the XSLT generated from the blog4umbraco p[ackage and replaced the blog/blogpost with my document types. Are you able to do the archives and BlogList posts using the AutoFolders Package.

Can any one help me

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Aug 16, 2011 @ 17:33
    bob baty-barr

@Tim, any word on your version of autofolders? i thought i had a version that worked, but apparently it works with the older stuff... grrr

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 18, 2011 @ 16:49
    Tim

@bob, I just need to sort out the costom not found handler thing, which I think still uses the old schema, and then it should be finished. Been swamped with work since Codegarden, so not had time to finish. Will try and get that sorted and uploaded ASAP. If you're not using the not found handler, DM me your email address on Twitter and I'll send you a DLL that should work on the new schema.

:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft