Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Albinsson 121 posts 254 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 16:31
    Tommy Albinsson

Member search does not work in new installation of latest umbraco

Hi guys,

When i install umbraco and add a member to a fresh install. Then i try to search for that member i get the following exception.

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +12681071
       umbraco.presentation.umbraco.members.MemberSearch.<ButtonSearch_Click>b__5(SearchResult x) +147
       System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +238
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +696
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +167
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Anyone nows what is up?

Cheers

• Tommy Albinsson 121 posts 254 karma points
    Sep 02, 2011 @ 10:13
    Tommy Albinsson

This problem is still not solved, no one who ha got a solution?

• Scott Drummond 9 posts 35 karma points
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 18:28
    Scott Drummond

Hi All,

I'm getting this error as well in 4.7.0.

Its not on a  fresh install though... and it doesnt happen all the time.

I have imported 500 users using CMSImport to test with.

...and it depends on what you type into the search box (and I dont mean having an '@' in it).

I Know the source source does something different based on whether it has an @ in the query.

if (!Member.InUmbracoMemberMode())
                {
                    IEnumerable<MemberSearchResult> results;
                    if (searchQuery.Text.Contains("@"))
                    {

It seems to depend on whether it is greater than 4 characters

If i search for 'jen'- 1 results and no errors
    If i search for 'scot'- no results and no errors (although there should be 1 result)

If i search for 'jennifer' - errors 
    If i search for 'scott'- errors  

There Error is:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +9620397
       umbraco.presentation.umbraco.members.MemberSearch.<ButtonSearch_Click>b__5(SearchResult x) +58
       System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext() +151
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +507
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +61
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +76
       umbraco.presentation.umbraco.members.MemberSearch.ButtonSearch_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +525
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

• Phil 31 posts 53 karma points
    Nov 20, 2011 @ 06:39
    Phil

I can also confirm 4.7 gives same error when membername > 4 chars.  Haven't looked too deep into this but I'll take a stab if no-one else does.

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 17:28
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 17:58
    Phil

Well..since performance was poor using the Umbraco Provider I switched to using the ASP.NET SQL Provider.  The performance is much better but now the members section does not load at all (yikes!).  The good thing is that "Public Access" on pages still works great and I'm able to see the Roles I created from the .NET Admin.  I guess if nothing changes with Umbraco I'll create a user control to handle management or use the .NET Admin tool. :(

Nov 28, 2011 @ 18:00
    Simon steed

I've resolved it for now by implementing the Blackpoint Member Search package - works like a dream

Nov 28, 2011 @ 18:03
    Phil

Awesome!  Do you know if it works with other providers? (like asp.net sql provider)?

Nov 28, 2011 @ 18:13
    Simon steed

Not tried it but if you have the correct provider settings in web.config, I can't see why not - could be worth asking Tommy, source is availble so could be rebuilt to suit

Nov 28, 2011 @ 18:16
    Phil

I just posted to Tommy.  Thanks for alerting me about this possible solution.  I'll keep you posted on how/if it works if your interested.  It seems splitting out the membership tables takes some of the load off the umbraco tables.  Specially if your talking about adding many members.

Nov 28, 2011 @ 22:27
    Simon steed

No worries, hope it helps. Site i'm currently working on will have hundreds of members so will see how it scales, should not be a big issue though :-)

Nov 28, 2011 @ 22:31
    Phil

If you are planning on a pile of users I would suggest you check out this thread.  It will give you some help in setting indexes on the Umbraco tables hit hard by the influx of membership.  It happens to be a commonly used table where the xml is rendered from.  

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/3117-Umbraco-Membership-Provider-for-large-ammounts-of-users?p=0

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft