Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Abbitt 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jul 27, 2011 @ 18:30
    Daniel Abbitt

Bulk Image Uploader

Hi all,

I know this topic has been covered many times, but I'm looking for a bulk image uploader that lets me define the media type of the uploaded image.

The new media type is identical to the "Image" type apart from a new tab with a text string.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few (Gecko Uploadify and ZIP uploader) but none seem to offer the varying media types!

Thanks,
    Dan

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 27, 2011 @ 18:46
    Rich Green

Hey Daniel,

You could add the fields to the default image media type instead and simply use the standard Desktop Media Uploader and then add another Image Media Type for the ones without the extra info?

Rich

• Daniel Abbitt 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jul 28, 2011 @ 09:44
    Daniel Abbitt

Hi Rich,

I did think about doing it but the installation is in a corporate environment with multiple installations on it so I don't want to adjust the base Image media type to save confusion on the other installations.

I think you can see my dilemma now!

Dan

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Jul 29, 2011 @ 12:32
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Daniel,

I did this on the frontend, but maybe you could do something like a dashboard control or something in Umbracos backend? Link to blogpost My example uses the Uploadify plugin where you can set which types you want to upload - i.e. pdf, jpg, jpeg, gif etc etc..

All the best,

Bo

Edit: As you can see in my blogpost, all the logic for uploading the media file happens in a generic handler, so that's where you could create your custom code for different mediatypes and so on, so forth :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft