Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CMSPlusHosting 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 13, 2011 @ 14:28
    CMSPlusHosting

Mixing facebook connect and ASP.net Membership

I am having an issue where when I associate my facebook account using the facebookconnect package 1.1 (by René Pjengaard), and the asp.net membership controls; When Im logged out of the ASP.net membership, the REMOTE_USER still shows associated..

Any idea where this is stored? I checked all the membership tables in the SQL DB, I couldnt locate it.

Show the login prompt, but doing a ?umbdebugshowtrace=true shows that im logged in as a user I created (and subsequently deleted for testing purposes)

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 14, 2011 @ 14:31
    Dirk De Grave

Are you using a v4.7 version of umbraco... cause that version has some issues when logging out using asp.net membership, it still keeps you logged in, even if you're next logging in as someone else...

As long as v4.7.1 is not out, you'll have to revert to a "fix", which can be found in nForum's project code on Codeplex.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• CMSPlusHosting 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 14, 2011 @ 18:08
    CMSPlusHosting

Thanks , I was able to resolve the issues with the login "caching" found out it was the ASP.net session cookie staying persistant in the browser session. So I now have to just use the fix's for connecting the asp.net membership and facebook connect authentication together, or figure out the best migration strategy.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft