Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• roger malik 16 posts 78 karma points
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 11:51
    roger malik

Datatype containing a Rich Text Editor

I have created a datatype from a user control that includes a rich text editor. When the rich text editor gets displayed it has all the toolbox included unlike the standard rich text editor that has its toolbox in the page header.

Is there a setting on the richtext editor that prevents it displaying in this manner ?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Aug 19, 2011 @ 11:55
    Rich Green

I would have a look and the CSS styles that get used for the standard RTE (view source), you'll most likey need these for your custom datatype.

Rich

• Jim 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 09, 2011 @ 12:11
    Jim

Did you make any progress with this Roger?  I have exactly the same question, I've added the MCE webcontrol to my datatype i..e

<%@ Register TagPrefix="umb" Namespace="umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.webcontrol"
    Assembly="umbraco.editorControls" %>

<umb:TinyMCEWebControl runat="server" ID="editor" ></umb:TinyMCEWebControl>

and can't get any control over the toolbar

• Jigs 40 posts 63 karma points
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 05:11
    Jigs

Hi jim and Roger,

you can use the tiny MCE Rich Text Editor in your control or aspx custom page using this code in .cs file which can add TinyMCE RTE in your contol or page via code.

private umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE _tinymce = null;

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {

var thirdTab = Tab.NewTabPage("Third TinyMCE");
                thirdTab.Controls.Add(Pane3);

DataTypeDefinition d = DataTypeDefinition.GetDataTypeDefinition(-87);
                _tinymce = (umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE)d.DataType.DataEditor;
                _tinymce.ID = "T1";
                Pane3.Controls.Add(_tinymce);

thirdTab.Menu.NewElement("div", "umbTinymceMenu_" + _tinymce.ClientID, "tinymceMenuBar", 0); // adds to menu bar

}

or go to the search and find " using RTE in custom section "

when you use the tinyMCE webcontrol ,, it will add the control to web page but it will change the id of toolbar which couse the problem in the rendering the toolbar in the header pane.

this code render the toolbar in main header pane which is exaclty the same as umbraco RTE.

Hope this will help ...

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft