Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan Tessier 3 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 31, 2011 @ 09:50
    Ryan Tessier

Tag Editing and Importing Using CMSImport Pro

Hi everyone!

I've been tasked to build a website using Umbraco for the very first time and so far it's going well, but I have quite an in-depth question which I hope someone could shed some light on. :)

I've got a list of Restaurant nodes in my Content section which I've imported from a CSV file. Each Restaurant node has one or more Cuisine tags; e.g., "Italian, Share Food, Five Star Dining". The problem is, if I use the Tag datatype, these tags aren't editable. That is, I want to be able to change "Share Food" to "Share Plates" in the future, for example. If I do this with tags, the tag will be created and checked for that specific Restaurant but it isn't updated for any other restaurants. If I have two restaurants which both have "Greek" Cuisine tags, how could I implement editing to enable me to change "Greek" to "Greek Deli" and still have both restaurants point to the same, now updated, "Greek Deli" tag?

For starters I tried implementing it by importing a list of custom Tag nodes (which are just a node with no properties apart from Name) through CMSImport:

Then I added a Cuisine property to my Restaurant node type (an Ultimate Picker, assigning the parent node to the Cuisine folder). I then try to import my CSV Restaurants data with included "Pizza," etc. Cuisine tags but it comes up with the following errors:

Why is there a date/time error when I'm using an Ultimate Picker for the list of Cuisines?

Even if this worked, would it allow me to edit the Name property of any Cuisine tag and keep its checked/unchecked state in all the restaurants? (Sorry for giving so many examples, I just feel I might not be explaining myself well enough; if "Greek" is checked in Restaurant A and Restaurant B, and I alter the "Greek" tag Name to be "Greek Deli", I still want the tag to be checked in Restaurants A and B, I just want it to be renamed to "Greek Deli" in both places.)

Whew! Hope that makes sense.

Any response would be VERY much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Ryan

• Laurentiu 7 posts 27 karma points
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 20:54
    Laurentiu

Richard? No answer so far??

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft