Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• horsted 74 posts 136 karma points
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 15:58
    horsted

Image cropper on Business Site

After installing umbraco and installing the Business Site and viewing the site for the first time I get promtet with a dialog about uploading top image and logo. After uploading there is a nice and simple cropper with image scaling - can this datatype (if it is =) be downloaded anywhere? (can't seem to find it as a package)   

Thanks in advance!

• Max Mumford 266 posts 293 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 14:19
    Max Mumford

Not sure about getting it as a datatype but I'm pretty sure you can use Douglas Robar's package "ImageGen" to crop images to a specified size at runtime. Results are then cached for future use...

What context did you need it for?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 14:59
    Jeroen Breuer

I don't think it's available as a datatype, but there is an Image Cropper datatype (in 4.5+ websites). This works almost the same. You can combine the Image Cropper with DAMP and the Create Crops package to make things easier.

Jeroen

• horsted 74 posts 136 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 17:20
    horsted

Thanks for your replys - they are all good packages I use already :-)

Just hoped it was available as a datatype, as I think the simple and intuitive ui would be great for clients...

@Max a possible context is a client creating a news post with a news thumb that the client uploads and must be cropped to a specific size. I know there a more good packages able to do this - I mostely use the Terabyte Image Cropper for these senarioes. I like it, but it's always nice with alternatives :-)

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft