Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam 51 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 17:18
    Adam

Need a 'Quote Request' Cart-Type Function - Any Advice/Suggestions

Hi All,

I have just started using Umbraco and have setup my first site (well, it's almost there) and looking forward to my next Umbraco project already. The next site I want to setup will be a potentially large site for a B2B company that supplies a large range of products. They would like people to browse their products on the site and then add products they are interested in to a cart (let's call it a 'Quote Request Cart'). When the site visitor has added all proucts they are interested in they provide their contact and company details then click submit. The site owner should then receive a message with details of the person inquiring as well as products they are interested in. So there is no payment involved, it is just so people can inquire about products the company supplies. i hope that all makes sense. Basically like a shopping cart but instead of processing a payment, a message is sent to the site owner with inquiry details.

So what do people think? Is this doable? Any suggestions on whether to customise an existing cart or develop something from scratch? I'll be using the latest version of Umbraco.

Alternatively, is there some kind of solution that could be setup using Contour (haven't played with that yet) instead?

I am not a programmer so would likely need to outsource any programming needed and I'll be on a budget.

Just one more thing, although the company is in Asia, the target market is Africa where people's internet connections are not as fast so the solution should not be too slow for the visitors in Africa.

Many thanks

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 17:28
    Rich Green

Hey Adam,

Welcome to the forum!

For this I would just use one of the great e-commerce plugins & customise it to remove the 'payment' processing.

The 3 main ones (at time of writing) are TeaCommerce, uWebShop and uCommerce.

Rich

• Adam 51 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 22, 2011 @ 17:36
    Adam

Fast response Rich - much appreciated.

In terms of the plugin you recomment, which would be simplest in your opinion?

Has anyone tried this type of quote request type feature on an Umbraco site before?

Adam

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft