Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bobby 43 posts 63 karma points
    Sep 27, 2011 @ 10:29
    Bobby

mulitple blogs and tags

Hi

I am new to umbraco and i am using umbraco 4.5.1 version of umbraco. I have a scenario where i have two sites in single umbraco installation and each site have its own blog.i m using the blog4umbraco package to create the blogs. Now the problem is my tags in each of the blog are specific. All tags are being displayed irrespective of the blog group.

Blog group : abc

tags: sample,test,abc1

Blog Group : xyz

tags,testing,progress,carpet

But i am not getting the tags specfic to the blog group. i am getting all the tags being displayed when i use the BlogCatgories Macro.

I have done some research and found a link (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/blog-4-umbraco/using-blog-4-umbraco/13884-Multiple-Blogs-and-Tag-Clouds?p=1and applied the changes mentioned  to my Blog Catrgories XSLT and also added the Blog Category to the Blog Document type.

I have refrenced the following link but i was unsuccessful.http://refactored.com.au/blog/2010/10/19/altering-xslt-files-for-blog-categories-with-tags/

Here is my XSLT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp " "> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
      version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library"
      xmlns:tagsLib="urn:tagsLib"
      exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library tagsLib">

<xsl:output method="html" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

<xsl:param name="currentPage"/>

<xsl:variable name="blogRoot" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::Blog"/>
    <xsl:variable name="blogRootId" select="$blogRoot/@id"/>
    <xsl:variable name="blogCategory" select="$blogRoot/data[@alias='category']"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
      <ul>
      <xsl:if test="$blogRootId != '' ">
            <li class="cat-item"><a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl($blogRootId)}">All</a> <span> (<xsl:value-of select="count($currentPage/ancestor-or-self::Blog//ancestor-or-self::BlogPost)"/>)</span></li>
      </xsl:if>
      <xsl:if test="$blogCategory = ''">
        <xsl:call-template name="listCategories">
          <xsl:with-param name="category" select="'default'"/>
        </xsl:call-template>
      <xsl:if test="$blogCategory != ''">
        <xsl:call-template name="listCategories">
          <xsl:with-param name="category" select="$blogCategory"/>
        </xsl:call-template>

</ul>

</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="listCategories">
      <xsl:param name="category"/>
      <xsl:for-each select="tagsLib:getAllTagsInGroup($category)/tags/tag">
          <li class="cat-link">
              <a href="{umbraco.library:NiceUrl($blogRootId)}?filterby={current()}"><xsl:value-of select="current()"/></a>
          </li>
      </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:template>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

Can any one help me how can i display the tags specific to a blog group or where am i making the mistake.

Thanks 

Bobby

• Richard 146 posts 168 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 15:50
    Richard

Bobby,

As you can see from the end of the XSLT you have supplied, the tags are categorised in the database, you have the call

tagsLib:getAllTagsInGroup($category)/tags/tag

So the issue will be modifying the blog package to use a different category dependent upon whether you are in group abc or xyz.

The tags are saved into the DB table cmsTags. The 'group' column is the category, and you will want a two groups, say abc and xyz. From your XSLT, it is looking for a value in the field with an alias of 'category' in the root of the blog for the value of the category. The table cmsTagRelationship shows the nodes that use the tag.

So I would check that 'blogCategory' is being populated in your code, then check that the tags in the cmsTags table has the group populated. It is probably a careful check through the code to check that each is getting the 'group' set correctly.

Happy hunting

Richard

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 19:24
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Bobby

I have successfully implemented this solution for multiple blogs on one site

http://refactored.com.au/blog/2010/10/19/blog-categories-in-blog4umbraco-take-two/ (you reference the first page in your post)

Cheers

Nigel

Sep 29, 2011 @ 06:42
    Bobby

Hi Nigel,

Can you provide me your code which you have implemented.Can you tel me on which version of the Umbraco have you implemented it. I am using 4.5.2 version of Umbraco and .Net 3.5 frame work.

Thanks

Bobby

Sep 29, 2011 @ 09:04
    Bobby

Hi Richard,

I am get the Blog Category from the Code but when i check the tag in the Cmstag table the group is being set to default instead of the category i have specified.

Cheers

Bobby

Sep 29, 2011 @ 09:36
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Bobby - on the Blog Post document type did you update the data type to "Blog Tags" (or whatever you named the new datatype) ?

Cheers

Nigel

Sep 29, 2011 @ 10:02
    Bobby

Hi Nigel,

That helped.I changed the Document type to the new Datatype and i see the Tags in the CMs table to the specific group mentioned. But when i view the page doesnt show me any tags. It just shows as " ALL(1).

Any help.

Cheers

bobby

Sep 29, 2011 @ 10:10
    Bobby

Hi Nigel,

One more help if you can help me on this issue. when i try to use the code to create the "Blog Tags" datatype in my Visual studio which is refrred in the following link.http://refactored.com.au/blog/2010/10/19/blog-categories-in-blog4umbraco-take-two/. i get an error at "string

category = (string)BlogExtensionsLibrary.GetValueRecursively(nodeId.Value, "category");"

stating Umlaut.Umb.Blog.BlogLibrary doesnt contain the defnition for the "GetValueRecursively". Can you help me how what reference am i missing.

Thanks

Bobby

Sep 29, 2011 @ 10:17
    Nigel Wilson

Re blogs tags - because you have only just changed the data type you probably won't have any tagged nodes within the group. If you view your previous blogposts are your tags still showing up ? If so simply republish all your blog posts. If the tags aren't showing up you will have to re-add all your tags to your blog posts and publish each node individually. This should sort that issue out.

Re "GetValueRecursively" - sorry but I have not had any experience with this aspect.

Good luck.

Nigel 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft