Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Evan 344 posts 99 karma points
    Jun 23, 2009 @ 21:30
    Evan

Need help with simple image rotator by bootnumlock

I am using umbraco v4.0.2 and I am trying to get this to work.  I have imported the package, added <script src="/Scripts/swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"></script> to my header, created a folder with the id 1130 in my media section and added 5 pictures to it.  I have added the macro:

<umbraco:Macro flashW="725" flashH="204" imageFolder="1130" playerTransition="fade" flashTime="4" Alias="InsertSimpleRotator" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

to my page but nothing shows up.  What is really weird is the flash is showing up under my content background image (have to remove it in firebug to see the loading screen).  It loads for about 30 seconds then the website says done but no images show, what am I doing wrong?

• Evan 344 posts 99 karma points
    Jun 23, 2009 @ 21:59
    Evan

Ok I fixed the problem with the swf loading under my content background, but it is still not pulling any images from the folder...

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jun 24, 2009 @ 09:43
    bob baty-barr

when you visit the altTemplate which has the xml generation macro on it, what output do you see?

also, sorry for the slow response, still on Copenhagen time.  Let me know if you need more help, should be around most of day today.

• Wade 43 posts 159 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 07:44
    Wade

Hi Bob,

I have the same problem as Evan. I have imported the package, and added the InsertSimpleRotator macro into a template.  I have added the javascript in the header as well.  The template displays my content, and I see the loader, but no images. 

Do I need to add the SimpleRotator2_xml macro somewhere?  I have tried adding it to the same page without success as I assume without it no xml will be generated? Any ideas as to what we are doing wrong?

My code for the template is as follows:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <title>Page Title</title>
    <script src="/Scripts/swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    </head>

<body>
    <div>
    <umbraco:Macro Alias="simpleRotator2_XML" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    Hello<br />
    <umbraco:Macro imageFolder="photos" flashH="500" flashW="500" playerTransition="fade" flashTime="5" Alias="InsertSimpleRotator" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

</asp:Content>

Thanks Bob

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Jul 04, 2009 @ 07:00
    bob baty-barr

the other macro needs to be added to a template [i think it does by default] which is called to render the xml -- please feel free to contact me via email so we can set up a chat session [bob--atSign--maliciousthinktank--dot--com]

thanks

Jul 13, 2009 @ 00:41
    Wade

So I actually managed to find the answer to my problem thanks to a friend Jamil.  I didn't have to add in the second macro at all.  I simply added the InsertSimpleRotator macro to my page template.  It then asks for the dimensions and the folder that the photos are found in.  The problem was that the photos weren't being accessed properly.  I made a photos folder in the media section of Umbraco, and so when the macro asked for the folder the photos were stored in, I wrote in the NAME of the folder (in this case "photos"), however, what the macro was looking for and what I didn't understand at first was that the macro wants to know the ID of the folder.  To find this, go to the media section, click on your folder where you have put your images, and there will be two tabs... content and propteries.  On the properties tab, at the bottom, it tells you the ID of the folder (in my case 1045).  Put this number in the area where it asks you for the folder, when you insert the macro into your template. 

<umbraco:Macro imageFolder="1045" flashH="247" flashW="500" playerTransition="fade" flashTime="5" Alias="InsertSimpleRotator" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

Macro imageFolder="1045" is the bit that was wrong.  Before I had it as Macro imageFolder="photos"

Thanks for the Macro Bob, I'm just getting to know xslt and umbraco, but this is a really handy macro.

• Kevin Coster 83 posts 120 karma points
    Oct 04, 2009 @ 12:24
    Kevin Coster

Hi all

Having an issue with getting this working can see the Flash loader trying to load the images but its not working... have changed the imagefolder location and there are images there but it just sits and loads.

would appreciate some advice

Thanks

Oct 22, 2009 @ 09:52
    Wade

Hi Kevin,

That is the same issue that I had before.  I could see the loader, but not the actual images.  I think it means that the macro can't find the folder where the images are located.  Did you try doing what my last post said and when you insert the code for the macro into your template make sure you have the ID of the images folder and not the name?

ie: <umbraco:Macro imageFolder="1045" flashH="247" flashW="500" playerTransition="fade" flashTime="5" Alias="InsertSimpleRotator" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

and not 

<umbraco:Macro imageFolder="photos" flashH="247" flashW="500" playerTransition="fade" flashTime="5" Alias="InsertSimpleRotator" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

• TaoistTotty 246 posts 314 karma points
    Nov 01, 2009 @ 17:52
    TaoistTotty

No joy for me with this.

I have used the folder number, but am just seeing the text, where is a good place to try and problem solve?

Nov 05, 2009 @ 23:30
    Wade

Have you put the javascript in the header?

<script src="/Scripts/swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

• Vedran 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 26, 2010 @ 19:56
    Vedran

Its not working in 4.5,

Any one can help with macro change?

Mar 26, 2011 @ 17:26
    Kevin Coster

Hey all just trying to upgrade my site from 4.03 to 4.7.0 currently using the flash roatator heavily in my gallery (http://bmouthyexplorers.org.uk/gallery.aspx) would love ot upgrade but all my gallery pages have stopped working. From what i can work out its something to do with XML not listing gallery items anymore.

Have rolled back to the old version of Umbraco but this is pretty much a show stopper for me anyone got any advice on either a compatible gallery type or a fix to the XSLT to make it work with 4.7

Pweeeeease

Thanks

Kev

Mar 26, 2011 @ 18:35
    Kevin Coster

this is what is currently in there from 4.03 install

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:Stylesheet [ <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;"> ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet
      version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"