Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Najro 12 posts 32 karma points
    Oct 15, 2011 @ 13:19
    Najro

Integrate Google Charts as a macro?

I'm an experienced ASP.NET developer, but I'm new to Umbraco and I'm wondering what's best way to integrate Google Charts with the CMS.
    I've created a ASP.NET macro that contains a couple of properties for setting name on the chart axes, but I'm not quite sure how to be able to add data to the chart via Umbraco.

I'm thinking in direction of something like two textfields (X and Y values) and an "OK" button that adds the values to the chart. Is this possible to do in Umbraco? The data to be added could easily be 10 values a day, therefore scalability is important.

All suggestions are welcome.

• Najro 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 07:49
    Najro

I never figured out if this was possible to do thru the Umbraco API. I solved it by adding a custom table to the database and LINQ-to-SQL to set/get the graph data. I use a custom macro to present the data via the Google Chart API.

• Saurabh 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 19, 2015 @ 06:59
    Saurabh

Hi,

I am in need to create something similar to what you mentioned in your query. I want to give user option to create charts on the fly with preview option. Can you please share your approach with me.

Thanks,
    Saurabh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft