Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 22:53
    Craig Cronin

Examine not creating indexes....help...

I'm using 4.7.0 and this was working but all of a sudden it has stopped working even though the configuration hasn't changed. I have deleted the index folder, refreshed my application pool and republished the whole site but it doesnt create anything.

I really don't want to rebuild this site its quite large and would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 23:03
    Barry Fogarty

Have you checked the logs for entries with [UmbracoExamine]?  Might shed some light.

Alternatively try out Darren's package - Examine Dashboard - you can rebuild an index from there and see the progress in real time: 

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/examine-dashboard

Nov 07, 2011 @ 23:28
    Craig Cronin

Hi Barry,  Thanks for the reply....its driving me bloody potty at the moment.  There are no errors in the log and I tried to install the dashboard package but get this Parser Error Message: There is an error in XML document (0, 0).

Source Error: 

Line 10:   <ExamineIndexProviders>
    Line 11:     <providers>
    Line 12: <add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine" Line 13:            supportUnpublished="true"
    Line 14:            supportProtected="true"

Source File: C:\inetpub\www.theworksebbwvale.co.uk\config\ExamineSettings.config    Line: 12 

I have copied a new version of the examinesettings.config from a brand new umbraco install but it doesnt get rid of the problem.

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 23:34
    Barry Fogarty

Definitely sounds like it is something to do with that file.. try restarting the app after you replace the settings config to make sure your app picks it up.

Nov 07, 2011 @ 23:50
    Craig Cronin

Hi Barry, thanks for the information.  I've been looking at this for hours.  I deleted the indexes in /app_data/examineindexes and /app_data/temp/examineindexes and just to be sure I rebooted my server.

Viola....it created the indexes using the same config files.  I read something about index locks.  I wish I could say I feel better for finding this but I don't.

Cheers.

• Dmitriy Skudnov 39 posts 64 karma points
    Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:09
    Dmitriy Skudnov

Craig Cronin, thank you.

It was working in my case!

Br, Dmitriy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft