Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lucas 13 posts 37 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 16:43
    Lucas

How to remove document type from "create" dropdown? / custom content type

Hi all,

I'm trying to create custom content type or document type that will be displayed ONLY in my custom section.

My goal:

* custom section displaying custom tree of content/document types (I think I know how to do this) 

* "Content" section should NOT display my new Document type in the "Create..." dropdown.

Image, File and Folder are not displaying in this dropdown and I would also my content type not to display there.

I tried setting "masterContentType" to NULL in dbo.cmsContentType for my new Document type as this is how it's set for Folder, Image and File.

My assumption that this is controlling whether it's displaying in the dropdown was unfortunately wrong...

So yeah the 1 line question is: how can I hide document type in "Create..." dropdown that appears in "Content" section?

I was hoping that I can create document type and somehow hide it... I'm sure it must be possible as it works for Media.

I would prefer to create custom document type as I want to use properties already existing in umbraco but if the way to go is to create custom content type and NOT document type please point me in the direction as I was searching how to create custom media-like content type but failed to find any good information...

Regards,

Lucas

• Duncan McDougall 35 posts 62 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 17:33
    Duncan McDougall

Spotted Tom Fulton's new Structure Extension package last night. I've not used this myself but this we feature seems to be what your looking for.

"Control which Document & Media Types are allowed at the Root level"

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/structure-extensions

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 17:45
    Tom Fulton

Hi Lucas,

I'm not really sure about the rest of your solution, but indeed the Structure Extensions package will allow you to hide document types from the Create dropdown - in the root of your Content section.  Obviously to hide it in the rest of the content tree you just wouldn't allow it as a child of any other type via the structure tab.  Note, rather than choosing which to hide, the package allows you to choose which types should show and the rest will be hidden.

Hope this helps,
    Tom

• Lucas 13 posts 37 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 18:11
    Lucas

Thanks guys, 
    Package looks really cool and will give it a go with the custom tree.

Regards,
    Lucas 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft