Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 02:27
    Amir Khan

All aspx pages outside of /umbraco return 404

Is there a reason that all .aspx files outside of the /umbraco/ directory are returing a 404 error?

Thanks for your help!

Amir

• Nigel Wilson 945 posts 2077 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 02:31
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Amir

Specific directories and file paths are declared in the web.config - if you need to open up access to specific aspx pages then you will need to add them to the web.config.

Cheers

nigel

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 03:09
    Rasmus Berntsen

Yes, what Nigel said. You can reserve your own files and dirs in the web.config by adding them here:

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx" />

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/" />

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 03:12
    Amir Khan

Ahh! Thanks guys! I'm setting up CKFinder for a file upload system for end users. Going a bit nuts over here :) Now just have to wire up some member authentication via umbraco members and I'm set!

• Ciaran McCusker 54 posts 93 karma points
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 16:11
    Ciaran McCusker

Hi,

I am new to Umbraco, but I am having the same issue and I cannot browse to any .aspx file.

I can however browse to .asp or .html files even if they have not been added to the umbracoReservedUrls in the web config.

I have even tried to browse for the file but no luck, it also removes the  ".aspx" for files in the umbracoReservedUrls

This is my details:

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx" />
    <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/esl,~/help,~/pdf,~/ftcheck,~/fluencytutordemo,~/videotours,~/webfiles,~/ctg,~/techlearning,~/district" />

Even if I try to browse to the standard umbracoReservedUrls I get an error message?

ERROR MESSAGE - 

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://www.texthelp.com/config/splashes/noNodes'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'/root/* [@urlName = "config"]/* [@urlName = "splashes"]/* [@urlName = "nonodes"]')

This page can be replaced with a custom 404 page by adding the id of the umbraco document to show as 404 page in the /config/umbracoSettings.config file. Just add the id to the '/settings/content/errors/error404' element.

For more information, visit information about custom 404 on the umbraco website.

Any ideas on how I can fix??????

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Dec 07, 2011 @ 19:01
    Rasmus Berntsen

Could you try to add a page to the umbracoReservedUrls and see if that works?

.asp & .html works because Umbraco doesn't look for these files.

• Tim Spanoudakis 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 11, 2013 @ 21:50
    Tim Spanoudakis

I have the same issue. I added ~/captcha/captcha.aspx to the reserverurls:

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx,~/captcha/captcha.aspx" />

but if I try to vanigate to siteurl/captcha/captcha.aspx, I just get the 

Page not found

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://www.thesecurityco.com/captcha/captchaImg.aspx'

umbraco tried this to match it using this xpath query'/root/*/* [@urlName = "captcha"]/* [@urlName = "captchaimg"] | /root/* [@urlName = "captchaimg"]')

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft