Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Scott 21 posts 41 karma points
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 10:54
    Brian Scott

Edit submitted Doc2Form information

I have a question regarding Doc2Form. I've installed the package and I'm happily capturing data as unpublished pages. A site admin is responsible for reviewing the submissions and making the pages live on the site.

The question is with regards to a new client requirement. They wish to be able to send an email back to the form submitter stating that the quality of the data was not good enough. Therefore they wish the user to be able to edit the data they have submitted via the Doc2Form package. Is there a way to simply load the form control with an existing page instance that was previously created from it? Ideally I just want the submitter to view the original form with the original data, make changes and resubmit to update the stored content.

I realise that this could easily be handled by the submitter viewing their submitted data within the Umbraco content section but these users are not aware of the CMS, they simply use the end website for their functionality.

The only solution I can think of at the moment is to ditch the Doc2Form package and use a custom control which saves / loads based on submission IDs etc. However, the client is very happy with the flexibility of the Doc2Form and would loose this unless I implemented the same flexibility into my new user control.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian.

• Chris Dunn 75 posts 127 karma points
    Jul 08, 2009 @ 21:34
    Chris Dunn

Brian,

Rather than start from scratch with a new control. why not download the Doc2Form code (in umbraco extentions package) and tweak that.  Pass the node ID of the document to edit as a request querystring value.  When the control is loading, check for the value, if exists load the doc and fill in the form values.  On save, do a get vs makenew.  In the end it's probably only a few lines of code.  Then submit it as a code contribution, and maybe it will make it in the next release of the package.

Here's the code: http://umbracoext.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft