Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TheArtist 22 posts 71 karma points
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 16:49
    TheArtist

Login and remember me

Hello all,

I have an issue that i cant understand so please help me.

I have a site where users must be logged in forever. Some users dont have a keyboard so it is really a problem when they are logged out :-).

Some information off the site.

Content

- Overall information site

- usersite1

- usersite2

- usersite3

- login page

- Error login page

All sites are role based protected and every user has a username and password in the member section.

Login control to the sites is really working great. My problem is that when the user has checked *Remember me* they are logged in also after a computer restart :) but after some time 12-24 hours they are looked out again. The cookie is also looking ok, in my desperation I installed ulogin this also looking fine but the user user still logged out after some time.

In my website.config file i have this line in

<authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="yourAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" domain="xx" protection="All" path="/" cookieless="UseCookies" slidingExpiration="true" timeout="100000" />
    </authentication>

I use unoeuro for webhosting right now.

If i log in on the back-end and front-end it almost looks like the logout happens on the same time.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards

Jakob

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 18:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jakob

What do you use to login users and persist their data? Have you made som custom code or are you using som standard ASP.NET controls to handle this?

If the user is clearing the browser cookies the cookie is of course deleted and then they need to login once again of course. But I must admit I also tend to get a bit confused about the different types of cookies and for how long they're persisted.

/Jan

Dec 22, 2011 @ 19:08
    TheArtist

Hi Jan

I have used the standard ASP.NET controls and I am now using the project ulogin.

When I look in my cookies umbraco creates a key in my cookie UMB_UCONTEXT that expires in 24 hours. What is this?

Thanks again

/Jakob 

Dec 26, 2011 @ 08:59
    TheArtist

SOLVED!

First of all why can't I edit in my post? Can an admin pleace delete my domain :)

The solution of my problem is that my cookies was encrypted in DES with a default unike key and the IIS server was producing new keys after a recykle. If others out there has the above problem go to IIS manager and see the machine code :)

Thanks for the "single" reply and best regards

Jakob

• Ian Grainger 71 posts 135 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:32
    Ian Grainger

I assume this isn't why remember me isn't working for me? I'm using the asp.net login control with UmbracoMembershipProvider and remember me NEVER works, not just after a recycle.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft