Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Troska 21 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 17:40
    Troska

Creating a new tab in CMS under Content

I posted a similar post before except then I was looking for how to add new tab for Content, which was the dashboard.config.

Now I'm looking for how to add new tab for each item under Content, currently there is "Site", "Content" and "Properties". I would like to add new one next to Properties. How would I accomplish that?

Thanks!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 17:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Troska

You need to go to the "settings" section and find the document type where you want to add the new tab.

When you have clicked it you need to go to the "Tabs" tab and add the tab here.

Click save and now you're able to add properties to the tab on "generic properties".

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Troska 21 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 09:49
    Troska

Hey Jan. 

That's "almost" what I need. I'm trying to create common tab for every content item (no matter what the document type defines) that uses an user control to render the content.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

• Richard 146 posts 168 karma points
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 14:06
    Richard

Troska,

DocTypes can inherit tabs and fields from their parent doc type. So for a site I would created say 4 DocTypes (Master, Content,Leaf and Branch (section page)):

Master (define tab containing meta tag fields)
    + - Content (define tab containing rich text editor)
    + - Leaf (define a tab containing listing image and teaser, used in links to this page)
    + - Branch ...

So a Leaf DocType would contain 3 tabs, it gets the all of the ones from Master, Content and Leaf doc type definitions, Branch gets the ones from Master, Content and Branch. If you do this, you can have common tabs. You can not move already created DocTypes, but you can copy them and then define a new master DocType.

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft