Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Albinsson 121 posts 254 karma points
    Jan 13, 2012 @ 11:13
    Tommy Albinsson

Examine not indexing at all

Hi all,

I dupliucated a production site and set up a copy of it on the same server. The new site that i copied don't index anything at all.

All the configuration is the same. I have used LUKE to open the index and it is completly empty. I have changed directorys of the index and the files are beeing created in the new directory. The IIS has full permission on the folders.

I don't know where else to look?

//Tommy

Jan 13, 2012 @ 11:42
    Tommy Albinsson

The site is running umbraco 4.7.0. I have republished the entire site and several content nodes. The index seems to be empty.

If I compare the files with the index of the site I copied it seems like my new site does not contains a .cfs file..

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 13, 2012 @ 11:46
    Ismail Mayat

Tommy,

What is in the umbracolog table there should be some errors.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 13, 2012 @ 12:59
    Tommy Albinsson

I can se no errors in the log. It look like the providers are beeing loaded correctly.

[UmbracoExamine] Adding examine event handlers for index providers: 3
    [UmbracoExamine] (ElsparIndexer) Index is being optimized
    [UmbracoExamine] (InternalMemberIndexer) Index is being optimized
    [UmbracoExamine] (InternalIndexer) Index is being optimized
    Loading content from disk cache...

• Sharon 16 posts 37 karma points
    Jan 13, 2012 @ 14:25
    Sharon

Did you try the examine dashboard package and rebuilding the Index manually? Do items get hung up in the queue?

Jan 16, 2012 @ 08:53
    Tommy Albinsson

There is a item in the queue that seems to be stuck there.

The file is called 634623007482991226-ORBAPP004.del

If i remove it and publish something it gets created again.

Jan 16, 2012 @ 09:19
    Sharon

That happened to me, and, don't ask me why, but setting supportUnpublished="false" in the ExamineSettings.config fixed the problem.

If that doesn't help, try setting your IndexSet as basic as possible (default settings) and rebuild the index. There may be a property causing trouble and that could help you find which one.

Hope you get to fix this, I know how frustrating it is

Jan 16, 2012 @ 09:20
    Sharon

double posted...

Jan 16, 2012 @ 09:51
    Tommy Albinsson

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have already configured it with supportUnpublished="false" but item is still stuck in the queue. My index is as basic as i know of. I i wrote before, the config is same as the other site and is working there. I have installed the dashboard for examine but the item seems to be stuck in the queue...

Queue * 1 file in queue -> Last update 2012-01-16 09:47:05 - 634623040248896798-ORBAPP004.del

<IndexSet SetName="ElsparIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/ExamineIndexes/ElsparContent/">
            <IndexAttributeFields>
                <add Name="id" />
                <add Name="nodeName"/>
                <add Name="nodeTypeAlias" />
                <add Name="parentID" />                 
            </IndexAttributeFields>
            <IndexUserFields>
              <add Name="text" />
            </IndexUserFields>
            <IncludeNodeTypes/>
            <ExcludeNodeTypes />
        </IndexSet>

<add name="ElsparIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.MemberLuceneExamineIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
               runAsync="true"
               supportUnpublished="false"
               supportProtected="false"
               interval="10"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

<add name="ElsparSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.LuceneExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

Jan 16, 2012 @ 10:01
    Sharon

Well, that sucks. I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Hope somebody can help you.

Good luck!

Jan 16, 2012 @ 10:10
    Tommy Albinsson

I tried to create a new index and the same error occurs.

When i check in allt the queues it is only the InternalIndexers queue that is empty.

Jan 16, 2012 @ 10:23
    Ismail Mayat

Tommy,

Are you using the latest version of examine from codeplex? If not can you use that and see if that fixes the issue.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 16, 2012 @ 10:45
    Tommy Albinsson

The entire site is copied from a production site where everything is working fine so i don't think it has anything to do with the examine version. I can try it though to see if it makes any difference.

Jan 16, 2012 @ 11:13
    Tommy Albinsson

Every index has one file in its queue folder except the internal index that comes with umbraco. What can cause the other indexes to lock its queue? What can I do to resolve it?

• sabueXo 12 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 19, 2012 @ 22:48
    sabueXo

I have the same problem and I don´t know what can I do.... Tommy, do you solved this?

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jun 19, 2012 @ 23:55
    Simon steed

For me, deleting the index files (machine name prefix) and setting the supportUnpublished to false fixed it on two sites i've had this issue with.

Jun 20, 2012 @ 00:31
    sabueXo

For me no.... here is all the information and code of my issue:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/32643-Search-JSON-I-can't-do-it-work

InternalIndexer works fine but I have created one no... I don´t know what can I do... Maybe my code is wrong or I have missing something?

I am going crazy!!!

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jun 29, 2012 @ 18:48
    Lee

I'm having the same bloody problem :/

Jun 29, 2012 @ 19:23
    Lee

So I deleted the entire index, and changed the setting supportUnpublished to false. This 'seems' to have kicked the queue to life, but its just sitting there showing 0 documents!!  VERY frustrating, I have wasted hours on this today :(

This is a local version of a site, an EXACT copy including DB of the live one where the index is fine and examine is working fine (Most of the time).... 

Any other ideas???

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Jun 29, 2012 @ 19:59
    jaygreasley

Have you tried using Luke to look at the index files and see what that reports, if anything? 

Jun 29, 2012 @ 20:27
    Lee

Yep nothing :/

Jun 29, 2012 @ 20:29
    Lee

Seems someone else is also have the same issue

http://examine.codeplex.com/discussions/360329

Jun 30, 2012 @ 10:08
    sabueXo

Hi Lee, I have answer here:

http://examine.codeplex.com/discussions/360329

"

My problem was that my code was wrong.

See on my code that on ExamineSettings.config I set two different analyzers on "SearchBoxIndexer" section and"SearchBoxSearcher". To fix it, I have set the same analyzer on bot "Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer".

Maybe this can help you.

"

Jun 30, 2012 @ 10:32
    Lee

Nope mine have always been set to 

"Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer".

There is an underlying bug here, and changing the config (Whatever you put in it) seems to 'sometimes' kick it to life.

Jun 30, 2012 @ 15:27
    jaygreasley

have you got code that uses the Member.Save event and could be blocking the Examine Manager from getting triggered on that event?

Jun 30, 2012 @ 16:41
    Lee

I have member events, but the member index is working fine. Its the content index thats causing the problem, I have ditched examine for now anyway - Can't have a live site relying on something so temperamental.

Jul 01, 2012 @ 10:08
    jaygreasley

ah, I got confused with your other post on Examine. my bad

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    Oct 08, 2012 @ 22:17
    John Hodgkinson

any updates on this? I believe I have the same problem with Umbraco 4.9...

• Allan James 20 posts 40 karma points
    Oct 24, 2012 @ 23:43
    Allan James

Lee... I hear yah..

I have a site on my local machine where everything works perfect... but, on the production server I have moved over the examine related assemblies, config files, and everything I can think of and implemented the PDF search... and the pdf files (259 of them) go into the queue but will not index. I have searched and searched and tried every frick'n thing I can think of and I can not get this to index...

I liked Umbraco but for-f__ks-sake I am spending more time on this fricken CMS than I REALLY think it's worth. All anyone does on this site is repy with "this should work if you do this... blah blah blah" and for what - so they can get Karma points or something.

WHEN I get this working I will be sharing it and posting a REAL solution

I don't suppose you got your issue worked out... did you and if so what was the issue?

frustrated no, ... pissed!,

Allan

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 19, 2012 @ 19:24
    Stephen

Ping?

Have an index configured on a root node... working fine.

Exact copy of that index on another root node... does not index anything. Nothing in the queue, no error message, just nothing.

Ideas?

• Kristoffer Eriksen 185 posts 465 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 11:23
    Kristoffer Eriksen

Having the same issue.

Tried almost everyting. Index isn't updated.

Any new information or solution ?

• Wouter 49 posts 76 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 16:04
    Wouter

Edit: Ok never mind it worked itself out. I removed the entire Index and set a new index path for it. Then after republishing some nodes it works again.

Same sort of issue here, the strange thing is when I use the IncludeNodeTypes it won't index anything. When I remove the ProductPage it will work fine.

ExamineIndex.config:

<IndexSet SetName="XFSProductIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/XFSProducts/">

<IndexAttributeFields>

<add Name="id"/>

<add Name="nodeName"/>

<add Name="urlName"/>

</IndexAttributeFields>

<IndexUserFields>

</IndexUserFields>

<IncludeNodeTypes>

<add Name="ProductPage"/>

</IncludeNodeTypes>
    </IndexSet>
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 16:11
    Ismail Mayat

What version of umbraco and examine are you using?

• Eric Fredin 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 10, 2013 @ 01:12
    Eric Fredin

I was having a similar issue with the InternalMemberIndexer.  The initial queue process was falling victim to the .NET execution timeout policy, resulting in unhandled HTTP Exceptions.  The solution was to simply increase the execution timeout.

<system.web>
      <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" maxRequestLength="4096" executionTimeout="300" /> 
    </system.web> 

• Wouter 49 posts 76 karma points
    Sep 24, 2013 @ 13:24
    Wouter

Looking back on this, I think it is an issue with empty fields. I used a multi-node-tree-picker and added that property to the Index. When the property value of the picker was empty the Index would crash.

Sep 24, 2013 @ 17:17
    Ismail Mayat

Wouter,

If you are with the mntp in gathering node data doing a node lookup eg new Node(somevaluefrommntp) and that has no value it will die so ideally need some if statements around it just in case there is no value.

Regards

Ismail

• Albert 27 posts 49 karma points
    Nov 21, 2014 @ 01:55
    Albert

Don't know if it's too late, but I had the same probleme. I solved deleting index and regenerating. Now works internal and external searcher.

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Dec 09, 2015 @ 08:58
    How Do I Delete My Account?

Running 7.3.3 and I have the same problem. The internal indexer works but the external doesn't. It seems to have indexed pages. But I don't think the number i updated. When I use the external searcher nothing shows up.

Did anyone find a solution?

• How Do I Delete My Account? 68 posts 433 karma points
    Dec 21, 2015 @ 17:01
    How Do I Delete My Account?

Ok. I found it. I had created a single user login. Somehow, this caused some problem with the members indexer which affected the external indexer and my own custom one.

To solve this, I removed the public access on the node that had single user login and then went to the Members section and removed that single user member automaticly created by Umbraco and it all worked fine.

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 25, 2017 @ 15:18
    Danny

I ran into this issue as well. If you have public access on, you simply need to add the supportProtected="true" attribute to your indexer.

<add name="ExternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine" supportProtected="true"/>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft