Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vladimir Dobrov 45 posts 167 karma points
    Jul 07, 2009 @ 10:57
    Vladimir Dobrov

Media Picker with Preview (Update)

As It's not possible to edit posts in our new forum, I've created a new topic.

There is one thing that is annoying me all the time during my work with Umbraco. Media picker doesn't dispay selected image! Meet the new data type that extends standard Media Picker with preview function - "Media Picker with Preview".

IMPORTANT: only for Umbraco v4.0.1 and higher.

Screenshots with download links to package and sources are here.

Community project page is here

Fell free in your feedback.

PS. Tested for Umbraco v4.0.1 and v4.0.2.1 (Doesn't work in v 4.0.0 and lower versions)

• Timsn 121 posts 231 karma points
    Jul 07, 2009 @ 13:14
    Timsn

Looks really nice! I'll try it out as soon as I find the time for it. Probably this evening.

Jul 07, 2009 @ 15:16
    Vladimir Dobrov

- Fixed issue when preview is not displayed if prevalues are not saved.
    - (!) Fixed standard Media Picker issue when "Choose" link doesn't work if field alias contains space symbol.</div> </span>

Jul 07, 2009 @ 15:18
    Vladimir Dobrov

Please remove the previous message. (it's really annoying that there is not "edit" option)

v1.01 is available!

Release Notes:- Fixed issue when preview is not displayed if prevalues are not saved.
    - (!) Fixed standard Media Picker issue when "Choose" link doesn't work if field alias contains space symbol.</div> </span></span>

Jul 07, 2009 @ 15:22
    Vladimir Dobrov

I'm tired to create new message every time when I need to change something....

v1.01 is available!

Release notes:

- Fixed issue when preview is not displayed if prevalues have not been saved

- (!) Fixed standard Media Picker issue when "Choose" link doesn't work if field's alias contains space symbol.

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Jul 08, 2009 @ 12:26
    dandrayne

Just installed this on a fresh 4.0.2.1 install, works great. Thanks!

Jul 08, 2009 @ 12:39
    Vladimir Dobrov

You are welcome! =)

Together we'll make Umbraco better!

• Abi Hough 4 posts 20 karma points
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 11:07
    Abi Hough

Hi, I have been having issues with Media Picker (as standard with umbraco) in that when I view the source of the published page, instead of getting an image all I see is a set of numbers (assume this is the id of the folder/image within the db). I wasn't sure what to do to fix it and came across your media picker with preview. I installed the package and the preview part works just fine but I'm still having the same problem as previously in that the image doesn't display in the browser or the source code. Is this a known issue and does anyone know of a fix to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 11:45
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Hi,

this is standard behaviour of umbraco. A mediapicker returns a media-ID if you just display that in the template. To get the actual image, you must use something like this:

<umbraco:Item runat="server" field="mediaItem" xslt="concat('&lt;img src=&quot;',umbraco.library:GetMedia({0},'true')/data[@alias='umbracoFile'], '&quot; /&gt;')" xsltDisableEscaping="true"/>

More info about that here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/templates/umbracoitem-element/inline-xslt

HTH,

PeterD

• Abi Hough 4 posts 20 karma points
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 11:56
    Abi Hough

Hi Peter, thanks so much for the advice, it worked a treat. I'm new to Umbraco so guessing therefore I've got a lot of reading to do :)

Abi

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 13:11
    Ismail Mayat

Valadimir,

I tried this with 4.5.2 and get javascript errors not sure if its becuase in 4.5 the tree has been re written?

Regards

Ismail

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 01, 2010 @ 14:28

@Ismail, in v4.5 you can also enable preview on the default media picker

Sep 01, 2010 @ 14:50
    Ismail Mayat

doh, i went and installed your improved media picker which is now part of core !!!

Regards

Ismail

• Stig Kulvedrøsten 48 posts 69 karma points
    Nov 02, 2010 @ 08:38
    Stig Kulvedrøsten

ditto doh! I even considered writing my own :p

• Naseem Ahmed 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 07, 2011 @ 17:26
    Naseem Ahmed

I'm having the same issue in 4.5.2, js error with the modal window appearing but just hangs when I attempt to pick a file and there is no preview.

Has it been tested in 4.5.2 and has anybody got it working?

Regards,

Naseem

Jan 07, 2011 @ 17:46
    Ismail Mayat

@Naseem to quote Tim

v4.5 you can also enable preview on the default media picker

which is what i did it works and has preview.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft