Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Osborne 108 posts 150 karma points
    Jan 17, 2012 @ 23:34
    Simon Osborne

Create a custom section tree based on a Document Type

Hi,

I want to display a list of a given Umbraco Document Type in a tree in a Custom Section.

I know how to create a cusom section and tree but whats the best way to load and handle the context menu for the document types.?

Many Thanks,

Simon

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 06:42
    Jeroen Breuer

Ok this is probably not what you're looking for, but it might give you an idea of what's possible. In this blog it is explained how the dictionary items from the settings section are displayed in a custom section: http://www.richardsoeteman.net/2011/10/17/FixUserPermissionsErrorInDigibizDictionarySection.aspx. You might be able to do the same for the document types from the settings section.

Jeroen

Jan 18, 2012 @ 23:19
    Simon Osborne

Hi Jeroen,

thanks for replying, I'm not sure its exactly what I'm after as I want to display a list of a particular document type I have created e.g. "CompanyProfile". The tree would have the usual content menu to create, publish, delete etc.

Simon

Jan 19, 2012 @ 00:48
    Simon Osborne

I think I might have it - basically re-create whats in the BaseContentTree class but adjust it for what I need.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2012 @ 06:43
    Jeroen Breuer

Yes that's probably the best solution. In 4.7.0 you could just add some rows in the database and you could have a custom section with parts of existing trees. Since 4.7.1 you need to do some more stuff, but it's still possible.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft