Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chester Campbell 98 posts 209 karma points
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 18:48
    Chester Campbell

Examine Dashboard package error with Umbraco 4.7.0 and Examine 1.4

Hi,

The Examine Dashboard project (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/examine-dashboard) does not have a dedicated forum, nor do I see any way to contact the owner (Darren Ferguson) directly, so I'm posting this message here as it seems the most appropriate forum.

I have an Umbraco site (v4.7.0) which was running Examine and Examine Dashboard (v0.1) just fine. I upgraded Examine to the latest (v1.4) and now I'm getting the following error with Examine Dashboard:

Could not load control: '/usercontrols/IndexStatus.ascx'. 

Error message: System.Web.HttpCompileException (0x80004005): d:\Inetpub\www.nraila.org\Development_fixed\usercontrols\IndexStatus.ascx(352): error CS1061:
    'Examine.Providers.BaseIndexProvider' does not contain a definition for 'SupportUnpublishedContent' and no extension method 'SupportUnpublishedContent' accepting a first argument of type 'Examine.Providers.BaseIndexProvider' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
    at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
    at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e)

Any chance Examine Dashboard can be updated to work with Examine 1.4?

Thank you!

• Mel Lota 10 posts 51 karma points
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 14:50
    Mel Lota

Bump. I am having the exact same problem in 4.7.1.1. Have tried it on various clean installs of Umbraco but always get the same error. Does anyone know if this project is still being actively maintained? It looks very useful, just a shame I can't get it to work.

Cheers

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 16:18
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Chester, Mel,

Not sure why the package doesn't have its own forum ... Darren (the developer) is usually available via Twitter: (@darrenferguson) or his contact form.

I believe there are a few breaking changes with Examine 1.4.x - which would mean that the Examine Dashboard package would need to be recompiled against that version.  I'm sure Darren would provide details of the source-code for this.

For the next release of Umbraco (4.8), Examine will been upgraded to v1.4.1.

Thanks, Lee.

Jun 22, 2012 @ 21:13
    Mel Lota

Thanks Lee, I might drop Darren a line

• Darren Ferguson 1022 posts 3259 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 11:10
    Darren Ferguson

I've added a forum to the project - I'm not sure how I missed that...

For some reason the source isn't linked or versioned anywhere - I must have been in a rush to write the package.

I do have an update IndexStatus.ascx which should solve your issue - i've added it to the project page under the source code tab.

I had no idea that this package was so widely used so I will make a point of getting the source up for collaboration in the next few days.

• Darren Ferguson 1022 posts 3259 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 11:26
    Jun 25, 2012 @ 00:21
    Mel Lota

Wow awesome thanks Darren, I will check out the update and be sure to post any feedback in the official forum.

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft