Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sha Le 20 posts 40 karma points
    Feb 03, 2012 @ 05:10
    Sha Le

Extending Umbraco User (not member)

Hi All -- Am also looking for ways to extend Umbraco. My case here is to extend Users (not members). I am building a site for a non-profit. They like to have few administrations requirement, that seems to exactly fits to backoffice section. I learned that I can create a new section/tree nodes/etc.,

So looking in deeper the way to extend the User, first thing I learned about this one http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/users,-user-types-and-permissions. But I need more fields to Users (sounds like User Property is not possible). Here is what I am looking, please suggest me if it is OK.

Since I am created few tables for this administration function, I need to have more properties of User (phone, roletype, centerid, stateid etc.,), how about I create a new table that'll have a FK to umbracoUser. From here I can extend my db schema further.

My question is,

Is there any serious CONs if I directly insert records to umbracoUser table by skipping User.MakeNew(..) method call?

Because I am trying to insert records in both tables using SQL Transaction. If you use above API call inside an transaction -- I am getting an error "System.Transactions.TrascationException: The operation is not valid for the state of the transaction".

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thx.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft