Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aditya 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:11
    aditya

Mapping the custom profile fields with create wizard.

Can any one knows how to implement the mapping of the custom profile fields with create wizard for the members registration. 

i want the custom fields like city and address for the members in create wizard,and create wizard stores this custom fields instead of setting them manually from the code behind.

regards

aditya panchal.

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:34
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. AFAIK, the standard Create Wizard ASP.NET control has no such functionality. Perhaps you can search this site (Projects section) or codeplex for some existing solution (personaly I'm not aware of them since I haven't yet had a need but you could try to find something anyway).

Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:39
    aditya

hi Rodion,

My issue was i was able to store the Standard fields like Email,username but was not able to store the Custom profile fields created from the member type.

so what was the issue is why my create wizard cant able to access this custom profile fields if i have register this property in the web.config?

Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:42
    Rodion Novoselov

Yeah. It's because both username and e-mail are the Membership, not a profile. :-)

Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:51
    aditya

k..

thankz,

currently i m able to set this custom profile fields but from the backend using below code

Prof.first_name = ((TextBox)cuwStep.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("first_name")).Text;

and i also need one more help..

can we upload the zip file , unzip them and store in the umbraco.becoz my problem is huge amount of image file and can able to upload them individualy.

is this is possible in umbraco and if yes how?

Feb 06, 2012 @ 13:57
    Rodion Novoselov

Perhaps you could try this package: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/zip-upload. I don't know how it will work with 4.7, however. 

Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:00
    aditya

hey thankz...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft