Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Loosley 13 posts 33 karma points
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 17:32
    David Loosley

Failed to create package

I'm trying to create a package of my first umbraco website (4.7.1.1) but when I click on the "Publish" button I get the message "Save Failed - check your umbraco log". The log file contains the following information:

CreatedPackage.cs System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.DocumentType.ToXml(XmlDocument xd)     at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.CreatedPackage.Publish()

Can anyone translate this for me and explain what is wrong? :0)

TIA

David

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 17:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi David

I remember having seen this before on earlier versions as well...

Have you filled in all the meta data like author etc.? If I remember correctly it sometimes won't create the package if these fields are missing.

Otherwise perhaps start over and see if it works by taking a piece of the time if the package is going to consist of many items and files etc.

Hope this helps a bit.

/Jan

Feb 29, 2012 @ 18:00
    David Loosley

Thanks Jan for such a quick response. You are correct I have lots of pages with blank Meta data - so I'll complete that.

I have just successfully created a package on a blank umbraco install using one of the starter kits.

Will get back soon with the result.

Regards

David

Feb 29, 2012 @ 18:29
    David Loosley

No joy with the Meta data tags.

Also made sure all the content pages were published (seen this in another posting)

so I'm going to start again :0(

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Oct 30, 2012 @ 03:59
    Lou

I had a similar problem and started again.  I had managed to create 3 versions, but when I went to create version 4 I could not publish, I can save, but the Save and Publish button dissappears. I am using 4.7.1. I have had this happen before with another package I was making.  The difference between version 3 and version 4 was that I removed two attached master pages.

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Oct 30, 2012 @ 04:04
    Lou

I used Firefox instaed of Chrome and the button was not hidden so I could save it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft