Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeffrey Valeroso 40 posts 101 karma points
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 02:34
    Jeffrey Valeroso

Multiple File Uploader custom data type

If you're having problems using the custom data type, just let me know. Thanks

-Jeffrey Valeroso

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 09:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeffrey and welcome to this wonderfull community :)

It's nice to see you're contributing by making a multiple file uploader - I will definately give it a try and see how cool it is.

But please don't spam old topics by copy/pasting text to "market" your new package. If it's relevant it's fair enough to suggest people try your picker but posting ind old topics with the exact same text not considering the issue at hand but just promoting your own package is a bit spammish imho.

If your package is good then it will automatically get a good reputation and become popular and you will probably experience that people will start suggesting it to other people, having problems with other pickers or looking for a picker and wanting to hear what people suggest.

I think another approach to market your package and make people aware about it without creating a lot of noise on the forum is to make a tweet about it with the #umbraco hastag. It could be something like "Woho, just created my first cool #umbraco package check it out! <insert link here>". I'll bet it will have some people go and check it out right away.

So please do not get me wrong. I'm sure you have the best intentions and want to help people out and I'm looking forward to seeing your valuable contributions to the community - welcome aboard :)

Cheers,

Jan

Mar 10, 2012 @ 11:30
    Jeffrey Valeroso

Hi jan i, Im sorry for posting my project in other forum, it's just that im wondering if people encountered same problem as what i've experienced, i'll be quite happy if someone use my project and at some point help others. Ive been frustrated that there's no default multiple file uploader available in umbraco and when i spare 3 days of my time to figure it out and create my own extension, i got excited. Anyway thanks for the reminder.

-jeff
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 14:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeff

I think it's ace that you have created a new package and contributing to the community. No doubt about that!

I hope you take my reminder the right way because I have no intensions about making you feel bad or anything like that at all. Keep up the good job and the good spirit :)

/Jan

Mar 10, 2012 @ 16:44
    Jeffrey Valeroso

Thanks Sir!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft