Jul 16, 2009 @ 06:08
    vladzebu

Umbraco Multisite

I have on my Umbraco solution somethinh like these : 

-   Root Web Site 1 

- Items from web site 1

-   Root Web Site 2 

- Items from web site 2 

I want to change localhost to start in Root Web Site 2. To change when I want the root of the website . 

I worked with oher CMS and there i fixed the root in web.config . I think there is something some but i didn't find the solution . 

Best regards Vlad. 

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 07:47
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I think you can just right-click on any content item, choose "Sort" and move up website 2 root to the top.

However, I just use hostnames. In IIS I assign the website1.local and website2.local to this site and put them in my hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.) :

127.0.0.1  website1.local
    127.0.0.1  website2.local

That way, you don't even have to sort anything, you can just call the other website.

• sritchie 48 posts 80 karma points
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 07:55
    sritchie

You'll need to right click on the node (base node) above the root sites to sort, then as Sebastian says, simply drag Site 2 into the top position.

The method Sebastian mentions using Hostnames, you can acheive by right clicking on the website nodes, where you can assign domain names to each site, i.e.  so when www.site1.com (or website1.local)  is called it automatically presents up Site 1, and vice versa for site 2.

Hope this helps.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 08:02
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Thanks Simon, I forgot about the hostnames in umbraco, that takes it full circle indeed :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft