Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Spradlin 139 posts 347 karma points
    Mar 18, 2012 @ 01:14
    Justin Spradlin

Custom Content Tree

I am trying to create a custom content tree and section in my 4.7.1.1 installation. I would like to make a new section with a content tree that is just regular umbraco datatype based content. I want to use the default umbraco content data model. I really would like it to work the way that uWebshop does with the Shop section and the main Content section. 

My idea is that I am going to make a place where editors can add video lectures, but on the main content page I will just have a "Lecture" page that will render lectures using a query string variable set by a url re-write rule. 

I have successfully created custom trees in the past, but is there any guidance on how to duplicate the standard content tree. My main concern is how will I prevent my nodes from appearing in both of the trees?

Thanks,
    Justin

• Tom Maton 387 posts 660 karma points
    Aug 03, 2012 @ 11:34
    Tom Maton

Hi Justin,

Just wondering if you've had any luck with this?

I'm trying to do the same in creating my own custom content tree

Tom

Aug 03, 2012 @ 14:43
    Justin Spradlin

Hi Tom,

I was able to make some progress. You can checkout this other post. I have a link to some source code that was provided by uWebshop. However, I believe that they have recently changed the trees to be config file based in 4.8. My code has not been updated to take advantage of that, but from what I have read, if you use the database method, the system will automatically sync your trees to config files for you.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/uwebshop/uwebshop-qa/30366-Guidance-on-custom-section

Justin

• Tom Maton 387 posts 660 karma points
    Aug 03, 2012 @ 19:23
    Tom Maton

Cheers Justin,

After spending about a week on trying to this, you've just helped be do it in a couple of hours!!

Thanks again Justin (and Arnold) I owe you a beer.

Tom

Aug 03, 2012 @ 19:36
    Justin Spradlin

I'm glad it helped you out. I have not put much more work into the project that was going to even use that yet. I am glad it helped someone else in the meantime.

Justin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft