Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean 141 posts 179 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 12:57
    Sean

Surface form with HTML5 semantic elements

Hi There,

I'm new to MVC and i've been doing Shannon's tutorial http://shazwazza.com/post/Umbraco-v5-Surface-Controller-Forms.aspx. The form works well and validates etc however, I'd like to use some custom attributes / type for my inputs to take advantage of the new HTML5 semantics.

something like: @Html.EditorFor(x => someModel.Email, new {@type="number", @class = "testModel", @maxlength = "250", @aria_label="this is a test",@role="email"})

When i try to add properties I get the error below. Do I need to add a custom helper or something like that? Or can someone recommend another approach?

Thanks in advance.

Compilation Error
    Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1928: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Umbraco.Cms.Web.Model.Content>' does not contain a definition for 'EditorFor' and the best extension method overload 'System.Web.Mvc.Html.EditorExtensions.EditorFor<TModel,TValue>(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<TModel>, System.Linq.Expressions.Expression<System.Func<TModel,TValue>>, string, object)' has some invalid arguments

Source Error:

Line 10: <fieldset>
    Line 11:
    Line 12:     @Html.EditorFor(x => someModel,new {@type="number"}, "MyTestForm")
    Line 13:           <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    Line 14:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\seankerr\Views\Umbraco\Partial\connectPartial.cshtml    Line: 12

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 15:53
    Grant Thomas

Without reading too much into this just yet, isn't it just that your arguments are in the wrong order to align with the parameters of 'EditorFor'?

@Html.EditorFor(x => model, "MyTestForm", new { })
  • Sean 141 posts 179 karma points
    Apr 01, 2012 @ 02:49
    Sean

Hi There,

I managed to solve it like this:

@Html.LabelFor(model => someModel.Email): @Html.TextBoxFor(x => someModel.Email, new {type="email", @class = "testModel", @maxlength = "250", @aria_label="this is a test",@role="email"})

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Sean

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft