Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny Douglass 28 posts 43 karma points
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 17:20
    Danny Douglass

Paged Members View in Backend?

I'm in the process of creating a custom Membership Provider and due to the large number of users I would like the results for each character to be paged.  Is this supported out of the box in the Umbraco Backend Members section?  I can't seem to find a configuration setting in any of the configuration files.

I'm using the latest Umbraco build 4.0.2.1.

Thanks!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 17:35
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Danny,

Don't think that's supported OOB... But you're free to change the implementation of the tree to use your own aspx page to show the members the way you'd like to (instead of using the viewMembers.aspx page). Other possibility is to change the behaviour of the page viewMembers.aspx itself to match your needs.

First option garantuees compatibility in case of a newer version, the latter doesn't. 

Feel free to ask more questions if still unclear.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 17:50
    Simon Dingley

I would be interested to hear any further tips on how to change the implementation of the tree as you have suggested. How would you point pages of the tree to a custom page rather than those provided?

• Danny Douglass 28 posts 43 karma points
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 19:05
    Danny Douglass

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the quick reply.  That's disappointing to hear that it isn't supported.  I'm surprised this issue isn't more prevalant.  I haven't spent any time modifying any tree implementations.  I'll start looking around to see what is needs to be done to accomplish this correctly.

If you have any suggested resources I'd love to see them!

Thanks,
    --
    Danny

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft