Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eran 292 posts 436 karma points
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 15:53
    Eran

problems with WordPress blog under Umbraco 4.5.2

hi.

my client request wordpress blog under his umbraco site (4.5.2, softsys shared hosting).

i installed the blog under the root folder and added the right line in the web.config:

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/,~/blog/" />

everything working fine and i'm able to enter the blog, only when i use this URL: wwww.domain.com/blog/ (with slash at end).

when i try without the slash: wwww.domain.com/blog, i get 404 (because he didnt find the page names blog..)

i know that i need 301 redirect and i know that in umbraco 4.5.2 i can add rewrite rules only in the UrlRewriting.config file, so i try to write some rules without any success..

i will happy to hear some suggestions!

Thanks!

Eran

Apr 30, 2012 @ 20:35
    Eran

anyone?

thanks!

• saintwright 69 posts 77 karma points
    May 16, 2012 @ 04:22
    saintwright

did you solve this??

May 18, 2012 @ 15:59
    Eran

i didnt solve it. i decided to use seperate installation and use sub domain instead.

i will be happy to konw about a solution.

thanks,

eran

• Brian 1 post 20 karma points
    May 05, 2013 @ 22:02
    Brian

I just ran into the same problem and was able to solve it by two entries in the web.config:

1. Adding '~/blog' (notice there is no trailing forward slash) to the umbracoReservedUrls

2. Adding '~/blog/' to the umbracoReservedPaths

Ex:

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx,~/blog" />
    <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/,~/blog/,~/blog" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft