Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mmmoustache 50 posts 79 karma points
    Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:47
    mmmoustache

Examine search errors when site name is queried

Hi Everyone,

I'm using examine and razor for a site search that works pretty well, albeit a few issues, but there is one in particular that's puzzling me; whenever the node name of the top node is queried, or any of the individual words that make up the site name, my razor script errors with the DebugShowTrace message "Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference". My site is structure liked so, where * indicates the offending node:

Content
    - Site Name*
    - Home
    - Page

So for example, if I were to search for 'Site Name', 'Site' or 'Name', I'm met with the razor error. But if I change the node name, then these words return the results that they should and the new name creates the error. 

I'm using the StandardAnalyzer, Umbraco v4.7.1.1, I've added a couple of custom User Fields and excluded node types to my ExamineIndex.config file. The 'Site Name' node is there for structure and isn't actually a viewable page, so therefore it doesn't have a template or content, but I'm not sure why this would cause the error.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of person would search for the site name whilst on the site, but it would interesting to know why this is happening and how I can stop this from happening if anyone has any ideas?

Kind Regards,
    mmmoustache

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft