Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Mattison 40 posts 60 karma points
    May 11, 2012 @ 17:57
    Greg Mattison

Display One Page In Two Different Navigation Sections

Hello, we have a page that we would like to display in a different section but only edit that content in the original location.  Currently, we're using Page Rederect which takes the user to the other page and they get a little lost as the subnavigation changes.  We would like the user to stay where they are but the content is rendered in two different place, but only managed in the actual/original page.  

How can we do this?  We've looked at umbracoUrlAlias and umbracoUrlName but not sure if those are the answer. I couldn't find any posts that really hit on this. Perhaps it's already been address.  Thank you.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    May 16, 2012 @ 12:46
    Tim

Having two identical pages of content on different URLs is a big no no from an SEO point of view and will get your site penalised by Google and various other search engines.

UrlName and UrlAlias won't help with what you're after, they're for changing the URL, rather than rendering content from another URL.You can d it by setting up a property called "umbracoInternalRedirectId" that is of type content picker. This will cause the page to render the other page while keeping the same URL. However, I'd still advise against it for the reasons outlined earlier!

Hope that helps.

• Greg Mattison 40 posts 60 karma points
    May 24, 2012 @ 22:44
    Greg Mattison

Hi Tim, thanks for your input and direction. We are using the umbracoInternalRedirectId and it does keep the URL but takes you to the other page.  The problem with that is the left subnavigation is for the new section so the user can be a little lost.  I'd prefer it stay in the section of the referring page and just display the content.  In other CMS systems, we have shared content where just the content would be shared on two different pages, so it only had to be edited in one place.  Is there any way to do this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft