Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Corbett 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 17, 2012 @ 14:03
    Jonathan Corbett

Create New TabView to allow Import of Bulk Data

I've got a bit of a strange situation with a client who is wanting to use Umbraco (4.7) to manage their data, but from a back-end perspective only (i.e. all content will be managed through an Umbraco editor only, with no front-end).

The only tricky bits of this project are the import data (take and XML file, create nodes and content from it) and the export data (take all content and format it into an XML file), and this is made more difficult by trying to do it in the back-end only.

I'm trying to add a new tab view to the site home page so that it can be viewed as a tab of that page, on which I will include the import/export buttons and the logic for these in the code behind of that control/page. I've been using the Umbraco TabView guide to do this (http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-best-practices/standard-ui-controls/tabview) but it isn't complete enough on the steps of importing a page (rather than a control) into the back-end as a new tab.

Any help or sample code (both the .aspx and .cs parts) would be greatly appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft