Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abi Hough 4 posts 20 karma points
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 16:19
    Abi Hough

doc2form - matching field values

Hi, I am using doc2form which is working well. The only problem I have and cannot seem to figure out is the following and would really appreciate help with it if anyone has any ideas...

My client has asked that there are 2 field inputs:-

1. email address

2. confirm email address

The idea is that the value of (1) and (2) need to match in order for the form to submit, otherwise a message pops up saying they don't match and please try again...

Ordinarily I suppose this would be easy on a flat page, just put in the appropriate JS and do an onsubmit in the form tag, however I am not sure where it is I need to be putting the JS or even if this is the right approach with doc2form.

I have tried to talk the client out of it, but alas they are adament they want both fields. So bang goes the easy route.

If anyone has a suggestion please do let me know!

Abi

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 17:18
    Casey Neehouse

Hi Abi,

At present, D2F does not support this, as umbraco does not support this in the editor.  You can create a custom data type that would allow for the compare validator.

You may also try adding the compare validator into the code of D2F.  The code should be in app_code if you used the v4 version of D2F.

Case

• Abi Hough 4 posts 20 karma points
    Jul 29, 2009 @ 13:38
    Abi Hough

Hi Case,

Thanks for the reply - I'm very new to Umbraco and so only slowly finding my way around it (big learning curve, short deadline - great!). Any cues on how to go about implementing your first suggestion of a custom data type allowing for the compare validator?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious...

Abi

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft