Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aroyce 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 08, 2012 @ 16:42
    aroyce

Simple comment setup for content nodes?

I have a recipe node that contains recipe nodes and am looking to add a basic comment system so users will be able to write/read comments for each recipe. I would also need very basic admin interface for this to publish/reject/approve comments.

I am fairly new to umraco and have read about docs2form and contour (and this costs $) but both seem to be more than what I need. I am coming from a .net web dev background so Im used to just manually programming all this so kind of lost on where to go with this one. Any help is appreciated..

-noob

Jun 08, 2012 @ 16:48
    aroyce

I am thinking I may be able to create a user control that would create child nodes under the recipe for each comment. The document type would simply be a name, email, comment and publish. Then when a user submits the comment I just manually create the child node. The only thing that sucks about this is for an admin to manage it they would have to click each node and they wouldnt know which nodes are new just by looking at all of them.. Any thoughts?

Also FYI I am running Umbraco 4.0.0

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jun 09, 2012 @ 02:40
    Funka!

Hi,

Check out this project, it might be helpful? http://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/ucomment   (I haven't actually used it myself, but have it bookmarked for a future project in case I need it!)

Also consider there are third-party widgets you could drop into the page with lots of ease. For example, adding Disqus { http://disqus.com/ } or even facebook comments to a page is very simple---just drop their provided markup and scripts right into your template.

Good luck to you!

Jun 09, 2012 @ 15:51
    aroyce

Thanks, that project looks promising!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft