Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aleksander 26 posts 56 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 10:14
    Aleksander

Private message system

Hello!

Does anybody develop a Private message system or something simmilar in umbraco? Are there any packages or sth?

Thanks,

Aleksander

• Aleksander 26 posts 56 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 10:18
    Aleksander

Excuse me, if this is not the right place for my post!

Thanks.

• rasb 162 posts 218 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 11:05
    rasb

Hi Aleksander,

I haven't been able to find any packages for that, although I have looked in many places. I haven't been able to find anything else out there either. I have tried to some examples out there.

So I have had to create my own user controls for it. What I am trying to create is a gmail like messaging system, where conversations are private threads between two or more users, and then users can tag threads in stead of putting them in folders.

It is nowhere near being finished, but when I am ready to share the code, I will be more than happy to do so. It won't be until september or october though, as I am quite hung up at the moment and don't have time to develop on it right now. In the meantime, if you find anything out there please post it here.

/RasB

• Martin Bentzen 83 posts 145 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 11:08
    Martin Bentzen

Per Ploug Hansen released a library - UmbracoInbox some years back... I don't think it is/was plug'n'play or works with the current Umbraco architecture, but it could maybe inspire you.... By the way - his blog is turned off, so I dont know where to find the library or source at the moment

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft