Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Merks 35 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 10, 2012 @ 20:46
    Paul Merks

Membergroup Picker

Hi all,

I'm building a website for a soccer club with several teams, players and staffpersonal. All those types have their own page. I was thinking of using the Members section for the players and staff and the MemberGroups for the teams / departments. Next thing I want to do is to create the team pages in the contenttree. In my opinion I have to "connect" the correct team to each teampage. I was thinking of doing this using some sort of MemberGroup picker instead of the MemberPicker. 

I cant find anything like it, so is it possible to  create my own datatype or am I not seeing something?

Regards,

Paul

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jul 11, 2012 @ 03:57
    Tom Fulton

Hi Paul,

One way to "connect" your groups to pages is to use the Public Acccess feature to limit access to a page to a given group.  In your navigation you can use some XSLT extensions to only show pages to which the current user has access.

I've also had another situation where I needed to do it with a "MemberGroup picker" as a datatype on a content page though.  An easy way to do that without any custom development is to use the uComponents SQL DropDownList datatype, and use this SQL statement to pull the groups from the DB:

SELECT n.text as Text, n.id as Value From umbracoNode n
    WHERE nodeObjectType='39EB0F98-B348-42A1-8662-E7EB18487560' 
    ORDER BY text

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

• Paul Merks 35 posts 100 karma points
    Jul 16, 2012 @ 11:18
    Paul Merks

Hi Tom,

Thnx for the reply. I've fixed it by creating a datatype of a custom .net control. It seemed the easiest way for me ;-)

Paul

• siva kumar 120 posts 209 karma points
    Dec 18, 2012 @ 11:49
    siva kumar

hi

how to get member groups list from membergroup? 

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 13:09
    Dan Diplo

Just for reference, when I checked in Umbraco 6.1.6 then the query to get member groups was:

SELECT n.text as Text, n.id as Value From umbracoNode n
    WHERE nodeObjectType='366E63B9-880F-4E13-A61C-98069B029728' 
    ORDER BY text
  • emma burstow 43 posts 251 karma points MVP 3x hq c-trib
    May 30, 2017 @ 09:07
    emma burstow

Thanks Dan, and Tom for this! This thread just helped me to make a nice checkbox list of member groups.

Emma

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft