Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Accusoft 58 posts 109 karma points
    Aug 13, 2012 @ 17:52
    Accusoft

Custom DataType Consistently Crashing IIS AppPool

I've created a new DataType that allows you to select a parent Node and, when the DataType is added to a particular document type, if you create a content node of that document type, you can select any associated nodes using this new DataType.

For example, let's assume I have a product repository with a list of products associated under it.  I want to create a new coupon repository and when I add a coupon, I want to select which products apply to the coupon.  The products list may change, so having this association is important.

The datatype was working fine, but I recently tried it in different Umbraco 4.7 and 4.8 installations and every time it's crashing the IIS App Pool.  The stack trace is below.  It's very important I get this working.  I'd be happy to add the source code but it based on Tim Geyssens samples (for example: http://www.nibble.be/?p=90).  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Event code: 3005 
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred. 
    Event time: 8/13/2012 11:18:21 AM 
    Event time (UTC): 8/13/2012 3:18:21 PM 
    Event ID: 8bc97c5c4e1643008e02455206e226b5 
    Event sequence: 131 
    Event occurrence: 1 
    Event detail code: 0 

Application information: 
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/11/ROOT-1-129893446159694375 
        Trust level: Full 
        Application Virtual Path: / 
        Application Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbraco\ 
        Machine name: WEBSITETEST 

Process information: 
        Process ID: 2056 
        Process name: w3wp.exe 
        Account name: IIS APPPOOL\knowledgebase 

Exception information: 
        Exception type: SqlHelperException 
        Exception message: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery
       at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)
       at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.ClearLogin()
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool.  This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters)
       at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)

Request information: 
        Request URL: http://websitetest:9080/umbraco/logout.aspx?redir=/umbraco/developer/datatypes/editDataType.aspx?id=1103 ;
        Request path: /umbraco/logout.aspx 
        User host address: 192.168.1.243 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: False 
        Authentication Type:  
        Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\umbraco 

Thread information: 
        Thread ID: 16 
        Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\umbraco 
        Is impersonating: False 
        Stack trace:    at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)
       at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.ClearLogin()
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft