Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Hildeman 92 posts 88 karma points
    Aug 10, 2009 @ 06:27
    James Hildeman

"Remember Me?" on login with standard Umbraco Membership provider

Has anyone successfully implemented Login capabilities that use a "Remember Me" checkbox in Umbraco v4 and the standard Umbraco membership provider?  I am using cookies and setting the timespan to zero but it always stays logged in.  As I've reviewed the umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.cs and it appears to use a 365 day cookie in all situations.  I have manually reset this cookie to expire DateTime.now() but that doesn't seem to solve the problem either.  It seems to have something to do with the AddMemberToCache(). 

Help anyone?

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Aug 10, 2009 @ 08:51
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

I had Issues in the past on the site controlpartners.soetemansoftware.nl, but when I've entered the domain on the Authentication node in the web.config these issues where solved.

<

authentication mode="Forms">

<

forms name="yourAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx" domain="controlpartners.soetemansoftware.nl" protection="All" path="/" />

</

authentication>

• Ian Grainger 71 posts 135 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 18:29
    Ian Grainger

Original post removed.

I had to set domain, but I also had to set the timeout. Apparently since .NET 2.0 the timeout for remember me defaults to 30 minutes, so I've set it to 4 weeks - remember me now works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft