Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bnkrazy 44 posts 33 karma points
    Aug 16, 2009 @ 06:41
    bnkrazy

Member controls - returning logged in user name.

Hi,

I just installed the umbraco Member Controls package by Niels and I'm missing something that was in one of the older versions (probably by another author as well).

You used to be able to return the logged in user via this method: "Welcome, %%REALNAME%%."  Where the %%REALNAME%% text was replaced by the logged in user's name.

Is there a way to do this with the package in the current repository (v1.0)?

Thanks!

Chris

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 16, 2009 @ 06:48
    Aaron Powell

If you're using Umbraco 4 the member controls are no longer supported. Membership now is provided by the ASP.NET Membership provider model. See this blog post of mine on how to better integrate your members with an ASP.NET Profile Provider: http://www.aaron-powell.com/blog/july-2009/umbraco-member-profiles.aspx, I also cover how to then display the data on a page.

• bnkrazy 44 posts 33 karma points
    Aug 16, 2009 @ 16:23
    bnkrazy

Awesome!  That will work great and is much more flexible, thanks.

As a suggestion, maybe repository packages should display the supported umbraco version info, as it currently there is no way to tell what is and isn't supported on v4 that I can see. Ideally, the repository should accept a parameter that tells what version of umbraco you're visiting from (if using the built in packages section) and then will only show packages that are created for your version, etc.

Thanks for the info!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft