Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig Noble 41 posts 584 karma points c-trib
    Oct 28, 2012 @ 03:24
    Craig Noble

uBackup - my first Umbraco Package

Hi guys,

I'm not sure where to post, so I won't duplicate, but I'm looking for opinions and feedback on a new package (my first) that I released earlier.

I short, it backs up stylesheets, scripts, templates, razor and xslt before it is saved so if anything goes wrong and you quickly need to roll back you can.  In cases where work is performed straight on to a non-versioned Umbraco and you may have freelancers or third party companies working on your cms, this will be extremely useful.  The previous version will always be backed up if you need it.

My original post is here, but please let me know what you think.  Is it useful? :)

The package can be found here

Cheers!

• John 115 posts 150 karma points
    Oct 28, 2012 @ 22:41
    John

Hello there,

I think it is useful. One comment though, to me, the name uBackup is misleading. I would probably call this more version control than backup (even though backup does apply). To me backup has the conotation of a full system backup.

Anyway, just my random thought for now. Well done on getting in and making a package :) 

• Craig Noble 41 posts 584 karma points c-trib
    Oct 29, 2012 @ 13:51
    Craig Noble

Hello there to you too!

I hope it will be useful to at least a few people out there.  Thats true, I'll look into changing the name if I can think of a catchy name.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be contributing a bit more to the Umbraco community from now on.  Soon will look into helping bug fix, though I may have a bit of package fun first ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft