Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nima 18 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 03, 2012 @ 17:36
    nima

Is TinyMce fullscreen useless in Umbraco?

I'v enabled TinyMce fullscreen feature, but when the user clicks on it the edit area covers the entire frame including the toolbar and there is no way back. Even ctrl-s doesn't work so that you can save your work without using the toolbar.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 03, 2012 @ 18:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nima

What version of Umbraco do you experience this in? And what browsers have you been using?

/Jan

Nov 04, 2012 @ 10:12
    nima

Hi jan,

I'm using Umbraco 4.9 and there's the same behaviour in chrome and ie.

before fullscreen:

after fullscreen:

after you press fullscreen you cannot do anything but leaving the page without saving.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 04, 2012 @ 19:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nima

Just to be sure I understand you - when you're going to fullscreen you mean that you're entering full screen mode in the browser, right?

I just tried going into full screen mode in Chrome using 4.10 RC and it seemed to be working fine - so maybe it's worth waiting for the final, which is released on friday and then do an upgrade perhaps? (Asuming I understand correctly and have done the right steps to reproduce).

/Jan

Nov 05, 2012 @ 13:08
    nima

Hi jan,

I meant pressing the fullscreen button on TinyMce toolbar. When you press that button there's no way back. I hadn't thought of what you said about using the browser (browser full screen and zooming). I'll just tell the editors to forget about the fullscreen in the toolbar and just zoom into the richtext.

The only downside is the content tree will occupy half of the screen. I'm going to keep working on TinyMce fullscreen and modify its css or something so that the edit surface covers the entire screen in fullscreen mode (and toolbar still accessible of course).

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Nov 05, 2012 @ 14:05
    Grant Thomas

I seem to remember Niels Hartvig being vocal about how this feature would be/is useless in Umbraco - as if it wasn't the choice of the user wishing to be more productive (seeming to neglect the fact we have modern 'fluid' designs with dynamism in the layout, meaning a full screen editor actually can be much more representative of what you're going to get as output, particularly with stylesheets pulled through, as opposed to the severely cramped area (by default) at the moment which isn't representative of any single site I know of (width-wise) these days.) - so, I'd hazard to say, unless high community has brought forward that thinking, there won't be much support for this.

Evidently, you'll notice, I see this as valuable and useful; can't you go back using the escape key?

Nov 05, 2012 @ 16:35
    nima

No Grant, as I said before Esc doesn't work and Ctrl-s opens the browser save dialog. You just have to leave the page.

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Nov 05, 2012 @ 16:42
    Grant Thomas

Oh, I don't see you mention ESC anywhere. Anyway, what I said still stands until corrected.

Nov 05, 2012 @ 17:05
    nima

:) Sorry Grant I thought I mentioned it before.

Nov 17, 2012 @ 19:33
    nima

If anyone wants to use TinyMce's fullscreen this is how I did it:

1) Enable fullscreen command in tinyMceConfig.config file:

<command>
                <umbracoAlias>mceFullScreen</umbracoAlias>
                <icon>images/editor/fullscrn.gif</icon>
                <tinyMceCommand value=""
                                userInterface="true"
                                frontendCommand="mceFullScreen">fullscreen</tinyMceCommand>
                <priority>76</priority>
            </command>
    <plugin loadOnFrontend="false">fullscreen</plugin>
    <config key="handle_event_callback">TinyMceHandleEvent</config>

2) Add this function to your js:

function TinyMceHandleEvent(e) {
        if (e.type == 'keydown' && e.which == 122) // 121 for F10
            tinyMCE.activeEditor.execCommand('mceFullScreen');
        return true; 
    }

Now F11 toggles fullscreen and since you return true in the event handler, the event propagates and it will trigger browser full screen too :) cool

• digaumprosound 3 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 22, 2016 @ 13:16
    digaumprosound

Works for the Umbraco 7?

• Balbir singh 9 posts 102 karma points
    May 27, 2016 @ 12:18
    Balbir singh

I have got it to work !! :) my version - 7.1.4

Inside \config\tinyMceConfig.config add the following two tags: under commands section:

<command>
      <umbracoAlias>mceFullScreen</umbracoAlias>
      <icon>images/editor/fullscrn.gif</icon>
      <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="false" frontendCommand="fullscreen">fullscreen</tinyMceCommand>
      <priority>82</priority>
    </command>

under plugins section:

<plugin loadOnFrontend="true">fullscreen</plugin>

*Note: the above tags will add the full screen button to the developer sections RichTextEditor(dont forget to check the box) and to the front-end RichTextEditor's display.

and most importantly a tweak to hide the left column

inside \admin\assets\css\umbraco.css: find the style for"#leftcolumn" and before that insert the following style:

.mce-fullscreen #leftcolumn{display:none;}

thats itt !! cheers !!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft