Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CarmineXX 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 04, 2012 @ 15:33
    CarmineXX

Article management in Umbraco

Hi,I don't know if it's the most correct section for my topic; in case feel free to move my thread to the most appropiate section.My question is simple: how can I build a complete article management system in Umbraco? I have found nothing searching on starter kits or extensions, all I've found are very simple news management systems..I need something to handle this:- LOTS of articles, written by DIFFERENT authors (for example: I need a little box at the bottom/top of every article, with details about the author, personal website, etc.)- LOST of different categories and sub-categories (for example: I need to manage many categories sub-leveled like: Computer->Graphics->Tutorials; or, Electronics->Overclocking; etc.)- Easy integration of this in my own layout design; and simple content uploading (via a WYSWYG editor, or better, via Windows Live Writer).What should I search for? How can I achieve this? Isn't there any ready-to-use module that I can customize?Just for information: I'm planning to migrate my website: www.thetotalsite.it to umbraco CMS; so I want a very similar result (I want to keep the same masterpage and the same layout), can I with umbraco?Thanks in advance, 

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Nov 04, 2012 @ 15:44
    Anthony Candaele

Hi CarmineXX,

You could use uBlogsy to categorize and tag articles. I use it succesfully for news articles on a website:

hope this helps,

Anthony

• CarmineXX 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 04, 2012 @ 15:58
    CarmineXX

It's interesting; but isn't this made for a blog system, instead of a multi-categorized article management system?

And, very important, how can I edit published articles? Are them organized in folders based on their category (and associated sub-categories)?

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Nov 04, 2012 @ 16:37
    Anthony Candaele

the difference between a blog and an article isn't that great. In uBlogsy you have lot's of custimization options.

You just update the blogs/article by clicking the content tab:

In uBlogsy you can use Year or Month folders to organize your articles. I don't know if you can organize you articles by category and subcategories, because there is already a category checkbox list for assigning categories to an article.

Maybe you should ask this on the uBlogsy forum.

greetings,

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft