Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Dougan 48 posts 154 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 18:07
    Robert Dougan

Indexing Custom Properties with Examine PDFIndexer

Hi,

I have a PDF index set up which is correctly adding any PDFs I have in the media section.

However, custom properties are not being indexed. For example, if I set a property on the File media type called "Author", this isn't included in the index (I've confirmed this using Luke).

Is this by design, are custom properties just not indexed? Or have I missed something in my configuration?

Thanks in adance,

Robert

Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:40
    Robert Dougan

I solved my own problem, you have to set up each custom property as an IndexUserField in the ExamineIndex.config, it all works well now.

Robert

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:55
    Ismail Mayat

Robert,

The media indexer i wrote will out of the box rip all meta embedded in the pdf and put it into the index see http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/cogumbracoexaminemediaindexer

Regards

Ismail

Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:05
    Robert Dougan

Thanks Ismail, I've actually already had a play with your media indexer and it looks great.

The problem was with Umbraco properties rather than metadata embedded in the PDF, but it turned out that I just missed a configuration setting!

Robert

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:13
    Ismail Mayat

ah kk. the one i wrote SHOULD also pick up umbraco properties on the media item not tested though lol!!!

Nov 14, 2012 @ 12:17
    Robert Dougan

I can confirm it does, as long as you have set them up as IndexUserFields in the config!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft