Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nima 18 posts 38 karma points
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 17:44
    nima

Could not load file or assembly 'businesslogic' after power went down

Hi,

I'm have a test installation of umbraco on my local system for development purposes. I'm using umbraco 4.10, asp.net 4, iis 7, windows 7.

I typed the site address in my browser and as umbraco was starting, power went down. The next day when I tried to go to my site I got this error:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'businesslogic' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'businesslogic, Version=1.0.4695.30695, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))]
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +39
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +132
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +144
       System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'businesslogic, Version=1.0.4695.30695, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))]
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +618
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +209
       System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +130
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +178
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetPreStartInitMethodsFromReferencedAssemblies() +94
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +332
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +677

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'businesslogic, Version=1.0.4695.30695, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9090908
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

I tried reassigning file permissions to umbraco but it didn't work.

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 01, 2013 @ 20:14
    Sören Deger

Hi,

I have the same issue in Umbraco V6.0.1.

I have installed it on an Virtual Machine. This morning it works good. But now after power off I get the same server error!

Have everyone an idea to solve this?

Sören

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 01, 2013 @ 20:38
    Sören Deger

Hi nima,

delete all the files in the "Temporary ASP.NET files" folder (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\%version%\Temporary ASP.NET files\root\).

This should solve it.

Sören

• Anthony 11 posts 52 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 20:07
    Anthony

Can anyone provide an answer, I have just had a power failure and I am receiving the error - I have not done anything to warrant the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

• Anthony 11 posts 52 karma points
    Mar 08, 2013 @ 20:34
    Anthony

I wasn't paying attention, I deleted the wrong cache - I'm running a 64-bit machine and I needed to delete the temporary files from the 64-bit framework.

Everything running A-OK

• Luke Alderton 191 posts 508 karma points
    May 26, 2015 @ 15:29
    Luke Alderton

Same problem and fix for me, but the asp.net temp files were located under 'C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root' instead of 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\%version%\Temporary ASP.NET files\root\'.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft