Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Acoustic 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 21, 2009 @ 00:55
    Acoustic

WCF Services in Umbraco

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a WCF service to work within umbraco (for use with AJAX/JSON requests).  I did the steps below, but I'm stuck with what seems like URL rewriting issues.

• added the svc file to /services/webservices.svc
    • Added the associated code to /app_code/webservices.cs
    • Updated the config file appropriately for the web service
    • Added to the umbracoReservedUrls and umbracoReservedPaths keys in the appSettings web.config file section

I can browse to <site>/services/webservices.svc and see all the metadata publishing information.

Here's the problem... when I browse to <site>/services/webservices.svc/MyMethod I get the empty page umbraco renders when no content is found.

I have tried this with umbracoUseDirectoryUrls set to true AND to false, neither works (I'm using directory urls in production).

Does anyone have any idea how to get the service to be invoked (i.e. go around umbraco or have umbraco actually ignore the request and pass it to the ASP pipeline)?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Aug 21, 2009 @ 03:50
    Aaron Powell

What path did you put in the umbracoReservedPaths? I'd presume that you should just put your /services/, otherwise Umbraco will look underneath it.

• Acoustic 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 21, 2009 @ 03:57
    Acoustic

I tried a number of things including /services/ but nothing seems to work. Anything after the slash in webservices.svc/<whatever here> produces the same result.

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Oct 25, 2009 @ 16:56
    Jonas Eriksson

Acoustic, did you get the wcf service working finally? I am just about to try it myself, and I'm almost sure it won't be a thing that just works. (As all kinds of ajax+webservice stuff seem to be a lot of shooting from the hip really). Well, I let you know how I progress...

• Ivan Saric 40 posts 89 karma points
    Jan 27, 2014 @ 15:27
    Ivan Saric

Hi did you resloved this problem? I have exactly the same problem and I tried everything.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft